Was Down Yer Way Today Rob...

Gambi80

I bet I've asked before...but I gotta ask you what that military base-like place is west of Hanna City on 116. Looks to be an old radar site? Me, my brother and my dad each hauled a gooseneck full of calves and cows down to the Fairview sale barn. Maybe for next time you could recommend a good off the wall place to stop for lunch.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I bet I've asked before...but I gotta ask you what that military base-like place is west of Hanna City on 116. Looks to be an old radar site? Me, my brother and my dad each hauled a gooseneck full of calves and cows down to the Fairview sale barn. Maybe for next time you could recommend a good off the wall place to stop for lunch.

That is the former Hanna City Radar Station. After the military pulled out, FAA took over the radar installation and the state took the balance to make an incarceration facilty. It closed in 2002. I've had my own "private prison" since. The radome, (golf ball) is where I work. I was there most of the day. Depending on the time you pass through there are a couple of decent places to eat in the area.

You would have driven right past my house if on rt. 116, (Farmington Road) as live on that in the middle of Farmington. Give me a call when in the area, (309) 219-2070. It's always on.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That is the former Hanna City Radar Station. After the military pulled out, FAA took over the radar installation and the state took the balance to make an incarceration facilty. It closed in 2002. I've had my own "private prison" since. The radome, (golf ball) is where I work. I was there most of the day. Depending on the time you pass through there are a couple of decent places to eat in the area.

You would have driven right past my house if on rt. 116, (Farmington Road) as live on that in the middle of Farmington. Give me a call when in the area, (309) 219-2070. It's always on.

Rob

Will do. We might be back down there next tuesday, I think.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

"It's always on"

But he usually can't remember where he left it.

If it's not in my pocket, it's either smashed by a semi tractor, or buried in a snow bank.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob

Great! I found the shop,now i'm gonna get on google earth and search rt.116 until I find a rusty,yet trusty,crusty Dodge in a driveway.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Great! I found the shop,now i'm gonna get on google earth and search rt.116 until I find a rusty,yet trusty,crusty Dodge in a driveway.

The "Trusty, yet Crusty" Dodge seldom comes home any longer. Usually is inside the shop to prolong it's longevity. Right now it's still up on the center lift as I've not received all the parts to reassemble the front end from the pole interaction last December. I drive a lt. green, (and ugly) Jeep Cherokee since "Double Nuts" died on me due to rust.

Rob

The "Trusty, yet Crusty" Dodge seldom comes home any longer. Usually is inside the shop to prolong it's longevity. Right now it's still up on the center lift as I've not received all the parts to reassemble the front end from the pole interaction last December. I drive a lt. green, (and ugly) Jeep Cherokee since "Double Nuts" died on me due to rust.

Rob

Great! I found the shop,now i'm gonna get on google earth and search rt.116 until I find an ugly ass green Jeep Cherokee in a driveway.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.