Front Springs

brialin

I have a B61SX with a FA522 front axle. Someone added leafs to the springs for a total of 13. They also wrapped flat stock around the springs in four places making the springs like one solid block. How many leafs do I need ? I am trying to get a little better ride out of the truck. It is basically for show but I pull my 14000 lb gooseneck trailer ocassionally. I also have 55000 rears. I was figuring maybe 8 leafs? Will I need spacer blocks to make up for the space lost by removing some of the leafs?

Thanks Brian

I have a B61SX with a FA522 front axle. Someone added leafs to the springs for a total of 13. They also wrapped flat stock around the springs in four places making the springs like one solid block. How many leafs do I need ? I am trying to get a little better ride out of the truck. It is basically for show but I pull my 14000 lb gooseneck trailer ocassionally. I also have 55000 rears. I was figuring maybe 8 leafs? Will I need spacer blocks to make up for the space lost by removing some of the leafs?

Thanks Brian

Sounds like stock springs to me as my B61S has the same setup and leaf count. I would have new springs made for the steer axle with the proper arch to leave the truck ride height setting as you like. The rears, (assuming camelback) are going to be expensive to replace. I'd probably look for a set of 34,000-38,000 and replace the complete assembly's.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.