Snorkles

bubbamobilin

I want a set of snorkles to replace my bonnets on top of my external breathers on my Superliner. I put the cowcatcher bumper on back in the summer and I think the snorkles would really look go. It will give it the Austrailian look. And of course they need to be chrome or stainless. If anyone can help with some part numbers I would greatly appreciate it.

post-199-010656800 1291481790_thumb.jpg

I want a set of snorkles to replace my bonnets on top of my external breathers on my Superliner. I put the cowcatcher bumper on back in the summer and I think the snorkles would really look go. It will give it the Austrailian look. And of course they need to be chrome or stainless. If anyone can help with some part numbers I would greatly appreciate it.

I agree, looks pretty good already. I have a couple of numbers that might help you out. I don't know the dimensions of any of these parts or the material they are made of but it might be a starting point for you anyway. These are numbers listed for a CMH chassis, probably with an MP8 engine. The snorkle/hood part number is 25098434 and the pipe that connects to it is 21544568. The mounting arrangement shown is likely quite different than on your truck, there are several elbows, etc. shown for the CMH. I'm sure that with a little bit of modifiction these would work.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Wow. At first glance I thought it WAS and Aussie Superliner! The snorkel arrangement has a tube from the top of the breather with I think three support brackets running from the outer diameter of the breather towards the top of the tube. Then a plastic or chrome metal scoop mounted at the top. There is also a second style that has some funky looking tube with no brackets. I am sure you could go to hankstruckpictures.com and look up thousands of pictures of Aussie rigs. Plenty of Superliners on there too!

Some pictures to get you started:

post-314-085192100 1291584029_thumb.jpg

post-314-093624200 1291584133_thumb.jpg

post-314-057463200 1291584243_thumb.jpg

post-314-067708600 1291584327_thumb.jpg

Here is one with the odd bracket-less snorkel:

post-314-002204200 1291584161_thumb.jpg

And another (Notice the Renault planetary hub reduction axles):

post-314-066249700 1291584421_thumb.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Why not PM ducky698, He's in Oz converting a Flintstone to an R700. Probbly come up with numbers for you. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Donaldson makes the black plastic ram tubes with the louvered sides. I know there was a company that made the shorty/fat mouth ram tube that was stainless or chrome. I think Rob had one on a R700 truck he bought. I think it was called a turbo ram or turbo 9000 ram???? Rob may be able to tell you who made it...

Trent