Hi guys

My wife and I are looking for an E model as our next truck. They're not that common in Australia and we'll have to find it on the other side of the country but we're keen anyway.

Am building a file on E models which consists of as many pics as I can find, diagrams, books etc etc. If anyone has any pics of E wrecks, restored Es or whatever, I would be most grateful if you could please pm me or email me. If you own one or have restored or driven one in the past I welcome your comments on the joys and/or pitfalls of doing so.

If you have an E in your gallery, please let me know so I can make a copy of it for my file. Have already raided Hank's Truck Pictures but any leads to other net sources would also be much appreciated.

I am also thinking of setting up an E registry along the lines of the famous B registry. Is that something you guys would be keen to see?

We recently sold our B to a good home but, since Jodi and I are Mack people, we can't think of not having one to look after!

Once you go :mack1: , there's no going back! :SMOKIE-RT:

Cheers for now

Andy

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Hi guys

My wife and I are looking for an E model as our next truck. They're not that common in Australia and we'll have to find it on the other side of the country but we're keen anyway.

Am building a file on E models which consists of as many pics as I can find, diagrams, books etc etc. If anyone has any pics of E wrecks, restored Es or whatever, I would be most grateful if you could please pm me or email me. If you own one or have restored or driven one in the past I welcome your comments on the joys and/or pitfalls of doing so.

If you have an E in your gallery, please let me know so I can make a copy of it for my file. Have already raided Hank's Truck Pictures but any leads to other net sources would also be much appreciated.

I am also thinking of setting up an E registry along the lines of the famous B registry. Is that something you guys would be keen to see?

We recently sold our B to a good home but, since Jodi and I are Mack people, we can't think of not having one to look after!

Once you go :mack1: , there's no going back! :SMOKIE-RT:

Cheers for now

Andy

Andy,

I posted a reply to your question on the ATHS board but I thought I would add something to it here.

The S-75 pumper I have is based on the E chassis and uses the same cab, fenders, hood, dash and cowl.

The biggest dawback to collecting and or restoreing one is that the parts are really hard to find but they are out there. Almost all of the ones I have seen that have been restored have had a price of 10,000 and up, some of the parts that were used on some early B's (only a few!) can be used on the E.

As I stated on the ATHS board, I can scan my E series manual or copy it for you if you would like it. I also have a ton of pics of my S-75 in various stages of restoration if you would like them. I will try and answer any questions you have about them if I am able.

To me the E was one of the best looking trucks of the late 30's and 1940's I would really like to have a E tractor for pulling my trailers around but they are extremly hard to find here in Georgia!

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Hi David

I just sent you an email.

Sounds like getting a fairly complete truck is the best way to go so there's less dependence on parts supplies. Did you see the pics that Bob Gilbreath posted of his EQ tractor? That's a sweet truck. Hope I can find one at least in that condition.

I agree with you on the look of the E. One of the best lookers around. The E was one of the first trucks that knocked me over with good looks when I first got into old bangers.

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

I posted a reply to your question on the ATHS board but I thought I would add something to it here.

The S-75 pumper I have is based on the E chassis and uses the same cab, fenders, hood, dash and cowl.

The biggest dawback to collecting and or restoreing one is that the parts are really hard to find but they are out there. Almost all of the ones I have seen that have been restored have had a price of 10,000 and up, some of the parts that were used on some early B's (only a few!) can be used on the E.

As I stated on the ATHS board, I can scan my E series manual or copy it for you if you would like it. I also have a ton of pics of my S-75 in various stages of restoration if you would like them. I will try and answer any questions you have about them if I am able.

To me the E was one of the best looking trucks of the late 30's and 1940's I would really like to have a E tractor for pulling my trailers around but they are extremly hard to find here in Georgia!

David

David, I have a Model "E" Mack Firetruck for sale right now on Ebay. The Auction will close tomarrow. Email me with any Questions. Mogmedia@earthlink.net

Hi David

I just sent you an email.

Sounds like getting a fairly complete truck is the best way to go so there's less dependence on parts supplies. Did you see the pics that Bob Gilbreath posted of his EQ tractor? That's a sweet truck. Hope I can find one at least in that condition.

I agree with you on the look of the E. One of the best lookers around. The E was one of the first trucks that knocked me over with good looks when I first got into old bangers.

Cheers

Andy

Hello Andy,

I got your messages, I will try and start scanning the manual Monday and send it to you a few pages at a time as I get them done. I will send them to you in PDF format.

The thing that draws me to the E's are the huge fenders and the small interior of the cab, really smooth lines on those trucks!

I have seen pictures of Bob's truck as well as Lee Haberleens from the ATHS as well, there are two others in the 2005 Showtime on page 95, I have not seen the 2006 Showtime yet.

I Emailed the owner of the Mack pumper in Florida, maybe this will work out for both of us! He had it listed as an L model but I am certian it is an S series pumper, I made the same mistake when I first got my pumper, I thought it was an L untill I learned more about the truck and found it was in fact an S which is based on the E series chassis and body.

Good luck with your search for an E down under!

David

1948 Mack Pumper

G'day David

Thanks mate. That pumper in FL is definitely a S75 going by the data plate and the radiator shell. Jeff L confirmed that as well when he spoke to the seller.

Cheers

Andy

post-61-1162732701.jpgLet me know when you get the E model registry started,Andy.I have quite a few E's.

Mike

What a bloody unreal pic! Feel free to fire the details of your E's to me whenever you get the chance. Lee H. has already sent me the details of his EH.

I need to speak to Tom Gannaway to ask if I can use the format that he uses for the B registry. I will use that format as it is familiar, unless anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers

Andy

G'day David

Thanks mate. That pumper in FL is definitely a S75 going by the data plate and the radiator shell. Jeff L confirmed that as well when he spoke to the seller.

Cheers

Andy

Mike

What a bloody unreal pic! Feel free to fire the details of your E's to me whenever you get the chance. Lee H. has already sent me the details of his EH.

I need to speak to Tom Gannaway to ask if I can use the format that he uses for the B registry. I will use that format as it is familiar, unless anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

I'll get all the serial #'s rounded up and email them to you.I have 1 EF,1 EG,3 or 4 EH's,2 EQ's,1 EGU,1 EHU,and 1 EQU

G'day Al

Great to hear from you mate! The registry is under way.

If you are looking for parts, I'm probably not the best person to ask being in Australian and all. However, put a post in the Wanted section here and got to www.aths.org and jump on the discussion page and ask there. The guys here and at ATHS should be able to help. Barry, the admin for this site and Watt's Mack dude, might have some leads for you too.

When you get a chance, please drop me a line with the chassis number of your truck, your contact details and some pics! The pics aren't really necessary but I'd love to see your EE dump! Must be a very cool truck.

Cheers

Andy