Need A Turbo

Lmackattack

Think my turbo took a dump today. Had the truck running for 30 mins this afternoon and noticed that it was slobering oil from the turbo snail/crossover pipe to the Charge cooler. also noticed oil leaking from the number 5 exhaust manafold/gasket. anyone have a part number for a reman or is anyone have a spare used one for sale?

Vin RS78632474LST

285 maxidyne tip turbine.

Think my turbo took a dump today. Had the truck running for 30 mins this afternoon and noticed that it was slobering oil from the turbo snail/crossover pipe to the Charge cooler. also noticed oil leaking from the number 5 exhaust manafold/gasket. anyone have a part number for a reman or is anyone have a spare used one for sale?

Vin RS78632474LST

I have a friend in OKC that consistently treats me right on turbocharger rebuilds knowing they are hobby trucks only and not used in a business. Got both of my V12 turbochargers rebuilt with updated seals and bearings for about $600.00 including return freight as I dropped them by the shop when down there for class.

I had a couple of those engines in years gone by and may have an old turbo laying in the shop someplace. I'll have to look. Send me the numbers from yours.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Vin RS78632474LST

I can't look it up by VIN. If you can get the 11GB engine number off of the tag I may be able to find it that way though.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

found it on my build sheet. Forgot it listed all this info

engine assy # 11gba16894ap4

serial # endt6766r3314

turbocharger # 631gc465

Thanks for the help guys.

Rob What does a single rebuild cost from him? if its not to much I may just send this one to him. I know they pop up on ebay sometimes dirt cheep too..

I also may have a lead on one from a friend but he has to check what engine it is on.

Before I go to far tho I have to ask for an opinion on this. The oil leaking from the turbo outlet was pretty thick, very black, and did not run down the snale like clean or hot oil would. the same oil streak was coming from the leaky exhaust gasket. looks almost like a old slobering diesel in cold weather. Is it likely that the exhaust is passing thru to the intake and sooting it up and making it look like this. I have seen turbos fail but most of them just let the oil seal go or the shaft and wheel fail with a bad bearing..

found it on my build sheet. Forgot it listed all this info

engine assy # 11gba16894ap4

serial # endt6766r3314

turbocharger # 631gc465

Thanks for the help guys.

Rob What does a single rebuild cost from him? if its not to much I may just send this one to him. I know they pop up on ebay sometimes dirt cheep too..

I also may have a lead on one from a friend but he has to check what engine it is on.

Before I go to far tho I have to ask for an opinion on this. The oil leaking from the turbo outlet was pretty thick, very black, and did not run down the snale like clean or hot oil would. the same oil streak was coming from the leaky exhaust gasket. looks almost like a old slobering diesel in cold weather. Is it likely that the exhaust is passing thru to the intake and sooting it up and making it look like this. I have seen turbos fail but most of them just let the oil seal go or the shaft and wheel fail with a bad bearing..

My first thought was you were experiencing slobber from the engine not being worked with a lot of idle, or low speed time.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That's kind of what it sounds like to me too.

Just in case you still need one and someone here has one to get rid of the 11GB number from your line sheet shows the turbo as a 631GC5106P1 though the original number should have been the one shown on your sheet, with the reman part number being 631GC5134P4X.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I can understand the slobber on the exhaust port from long idel times but it does not make sence to me seeing it at the turbo outlet (Boosted side) to the charge cooler box? At least I have never seen it before?I was more worried about it running away from the oil getting into the engine. Seen the aftermath of that also.

Thanks for the numbers Rhasler always a big help on this site :thumb:

Trent

Ok. took the intake side snail off the CHRA and it had streaks of oil coming from behind the blades. The blades were dry but the snale and intake system was oily. Started the truck and saw no oil making its way out but it was not above idle. Checked the oil drain tube and put my finger up into the CHRA no dirt or muck to block oil return flow. Must be bad seals. Is there rebuild kits for these things? I have rebuilt Toyota and garret turbos before. Easy fix if you can get a rebuild kit.

Trent