Mack Titan For Sale

I see there is two 2010 mack titans for sale. They were repoed and the new cost on them were 146,000 new and there for sale for $118,000. They only have around 30 to 40k miles on them also. The resale value on the titans are very bad compared what they cost new. But for the buyer its great! Makes you wounder! I see the Blue Mack Titan for Converty in the shop alot at Binghamton Mack Truck Dealer. I kinda of knew the resale value on the Titan would not be good compared to what they cost new. The white titan is still not sold. Atleast they sold the maron and the blue Titan. I think there hopeing one of the gas drilling companys would buy the white Titan becuase most of there trucks are white. Any updates on a sleepers or a steel nose for the Titan yet?

Terry E Davis of Johnson City NY

Any updates on a sleepers or a steel nose for the Titan yet?

Terry E Davis of Johnson City NY

They needed the sleeper yesterday... I live 20 miles from South Dakota, home of 150,000 pound+ GCW 13+ axle "road trains". The biggest power Mack offers with a sleeper is the 13 litre MP8 with a bit over 500 horses. At 150,000+ GCWs only 500 horses and 13 liters doesn't cut it- they need 600+ horses and at least 15 liters. Sure, the Titan offers 600 horses and 16 liters of torque. But South Dakota is 400 miles across and has some nasty winter storms, so truckers here demand a sleeper cab on just about any truck that goes beyond sight of home base. Mack won't be competitive in the boom market that is South Dakota 'til someone at HQ designs some extended rear sleeper cab mounts to mate a sleeper to the high mount Titan's cab. That'd take an afternoon at Paccar, but apparently takes years at Volvo.

They needed the sleeper yesterday... I live 20 miles from South Dakota, home of 150,000 pound+ GCW 13+ axle "road trains". The biggest power Mack offers with a sleeper is the 13 litre MP8 with a bit over 500 horses. At 150,000+ GCWs only 500 horses and 13 liters doesn't cut it- they need 600+ horses and at least 15 liters. Sure, the Titan offers 600 horses and 16 liters of torque. But South Dakota is 400 miles across and has some nasty winter storms, so truckers here demand a sleeper cab on just about any truck that goes beyond sight of home base. Mack won't be competitive in the boom market that is South Dakota 'til someone at HQ designs some extended rear sleeper cab mounts to mate a sleeper to the high mount Titan's cab. That'd take an afternoon at Paccar, but apparently takes years at Volvo.

I imagine some of the initial delay was due to the "sleepers" being built in North Carolina, where as the Titan was built in Macungie. Now that assembly has been consolidated to Macungie. I have a feeling a Titan sleeper is not far away.

On another note, sucks to hear about Coverty's Titan being in the shop a lot. Haven't seen the maroon one in the shop yet (knock on wood), its been busy hauling what I believe is asphalt lately.

I think we all said it when the news about the titan was released. In this day how can a MFG build a otr heavy haul truck that is not offered with a sleeper option? Mack Au has been building these for years so the spec is there yet volvo managment wont let mack lead the way in the US. Volvo did however give it somewhat a ugly look, made it way over priced, and then pulled the no sleeper option , I think volvo made it a failure from the start. :clap:

just my.02