Power Divider

Lmackattack

I think that my power divider is getting tired

The wheels dont all lock in at the dump when its soft or slick. I have noticed that my truck cant get throug the mud as good as some of the newer R models I drive. I think she is just worn out from almost a million miles. The truck got stuck last week and only one wheel was spinning. a gentle push from the Cat got me moving again but I dont think I should have needed that push if the divider was working properly.

Does mack sell a kit to rebuild the divider? whats is the aprox cost for the parts or rebuild kit if availible? This is on a standard 4.17 ratio tandem axel drive

Thanks

Trent

before rebuilding it, make sure the lock ystem is in good shape, check for air leaking. get somebody in the truck and make him flip the switch to make sure your ear or feel it on the divider... lot's cheaper!

Thats not an option as I dont have the manual lock switch for the dividers. My truck has the divider system that should operater automaticly when wheel slip is detected. I have done the tap the brake thing in the dirt and that did not make a diffrence, only one wheel would contnue to spin.

Thanks

Trent

The mack power divider is the best. When i have to drive those "other trucks" I am usually in trouble before i remeber to throw it in. Our wrench replaced the "peanuts" in one recently and had a couple hundred bucks in parts. Brad

I agree Brad Thats the beauty of macks divider. you dont have to stop,throw the switch, then try to get out.

I asked my mechanic yesterday and he said the same thing "replace the peanuts, inner and outer cams if out of spec". Its been a wile sience I had one apart to look at, He had a complete used one on a shelf that we looked at. It still amazes me how they work. I have the truck in the shop for brakes and bushings this week. hopefully I can get that divider rebuilt soon before the muddy winter season get here.

Thanks

Trent