Injector Issue On 07 Aset 427

alcoon61

I am getting a intermittent 8.2 code maybe every couple weeks or so. Seems worst on cold starts I get it more regular and after warmup it quits and engine smooths out. I asked a mechanic at a small diesel shop about it here while he was working on a fuel leak a several weeks back and he made like it was not a big issue. He said it was probably a solenoid, (Coil?) sticking. Any ideas what he is talking about or what I am looking at to fix this problem. Winter is starting to come on and it seems to be getting more agravating this past week?

Thanks,

AC

Very common problem, as long as it goes inactive soon after warmup, I would not change it unless it was under warranty, 2year/200,000 on the EUP's unless you have extended warranty. If it starts staying active for long periods of time then get it changed. 8-2 code means #2 EUP pump. 8 means EUP and the second # means position 1 though 6.

Very common problem, as long as it goes inactive soon after warmup, I would not change it unless it was under warranty, 2year/200,000 on the EUP's unless you have extended warranty. If it starts staying active for long periods of time then get it changed. 8-2 code means #2 EUP pump. 8 means EUP and the second # means position 1 though 6.

Thanks Mackpro for the info. Warranty is out so hopefully the code will keep going out after warmup! Pocket book is pretty lean this time of year also. Holidays coming on then shortly thereafter tags and insurance renew. Sure need for this to behave at least till Feb.

Thanks Mackpro for the info. Warranty is out so hopefully the code will keep going out after warmup! Pocket book is pretty lean this time of year also. Holidays coming on then shortly thereafter tags and insurance renew. Sure need for this to behave at least till Feb.

Mackpro I looked up a couple of these pumps. They look pretty simple. Couple bolts, fuel line, and electrical connection. Is there some hidden magic required to replacing one?

Mackpro I looked up a couple of these pumps. They look pretty simple. Couple bolts, fuel line, and electrical connection. Is there some hidden magic required to replacing one?

When I had mine replaced, make sure you get new bolts. new style gasket set. If the cam is not position right you have to really push down on spring.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Cal codes should also be programmed into the EECU. Fuel line installation (especially on the ASET AC engine) is critical and requires certification. Lines are one time use.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

No Magic !AS stated the cal code should be installed into the ecu thou and the fuel line is a good thing to replace if you don't know the history!

• 1 month later...

Cal codes should also be programmed into the EECU. Fuel line installation (especially on the ASET AC engine) is critical and requires certification. Lines are one time use.

What is the purpose of codes programmed to the Ecu? Wiring harness should be synced to the positon of the eup and not matter what it is telling to fire shouldnt it? Fuel line was a snap. Guess I'm certified now. Thought $70 for it and nozzle was a ripoff though but so is everything nowdays.

What is the purpose of codes programmed to the Ecu? Wiring harness should be synced to the positon of the eup and not matter what it is telling to fire shouldnt it? Fuel line was a snap. Guess I'm certified now. Thought $70 for it and nozzle was a ripoff though but so is everything nowdays.

As I've always understood it the cal code provides a base line measurement that the engine uses for calculating fueling at idle. Most times it doesn't have much of an effect as far as running, but I have seen it cause the engine to run like it had a race cam installed too. I don't know for sure what kind of an effect it would have on fuel usage. Save the serial number information and the code just in case you need them later, they sometimes get hard to read after a while. I think you can call Mack OneCall and have them enter that information on the Mack mainframe for you so that the information is there if needed by a shop while you're on the road.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"