Bad Tire?

macattack

ok. think i may have fixed a wobble issue i had. transverse rod was loose. anyways one question about a rear tire. the previous owner ran the truck for a few hundred miles with one rear tire flat and off the bead. do you think the tire would be damaged enough to cause a wobble?

thanks

ok. think i may have fixed a wobble issue i had. transverse rod was loose. anyways one question about a rear tire. the previous owner ran the truck for a few hundred miles with one rear tire flat and off the bead. do you think the tire would be damaged enough to cause a wobble?

thanks

I doubt it would cause a wobble, but unless you don't mind having your fenders or mudflap ripped off, I wouldn't recommend running that tire for very long.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I'd be very careful even just airing up a tire that has been run flat.

The steel cords in the tire may be damaged even though there is no damage visible externally.

Damaged cords + inflation can = BANG!!!!!!!!!!! And it ain't pretty when a tire explodes while you're inflating it.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

yes i have had that problem, twice. both times because the bead didn't seat evenly on the rim. release the air, break the bead and re inflate.

if the tire was run flat for the miles you say, it's junk. the belts were probably broke/stressed and the tire is out of round.

jack up the axle and put a 4x4 close to the tread and rotate the tire to check run out.