Trailer Rental - Where To Go? *udate*

ThaddeusW

Hey everyone

I have been wanting to buy an old fixer upper fork lift for some time and I think I found one. Its not that close to be but not too far a drive. Problem is I need an equipment trailer, one that tilts as the lift is unable to drive. The four cylinder continental engine turns but not completely, it stops at some point.

Its a smaller lift so it would weigh around 6-7 grand and without a tilt bed with winch, moving it aint going to happen. I have tried looking up trailer rental in the yellow pages but all I find are truck rental places like U-haul and the like. None of them have a trailer that will hold that kind of weight.

If anyone knows of a rental chain or business in the NY metro area please let me know.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I've used these guys...Pretty good to deal with, though a bit of a hike from Ozone Park. Paul

http://www.advantagerentalcenter.com/rental.html#trailers

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've used these guys...Pretty good to deal with, though a bit of a hike from Ozone Park. Paul

http://www.advantage...l.html#trailers

Thanks for the link! I actually had my fingers crossed hoping you would know something here on the Island. Not too bad a hike actually! I commute to and from Farmingdale on a daily basis which is about 25 miles. This is about 12 miles from where I work which is just about next to Republic Airport.

-Thad

Glad to help. Their in between Rt 25a and Polaski road on Larkfield. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Glad to help. Their in between Rt 25a and Polaski road on Larkfield. Paul

Argh! Unfortunately they do not have a trailer to haul that suker. I said it weighs around 6000 -7000 pounds and they don't have a trailer that heavy. They gave me a number to a place with forklift trailers but they don't let their trailers out of state.

Any ideas? Anyone?

-Thad

Try these people, Their near Hunts Point. They rent heavy equipment trailers from 1 ton to 20 tons. I was at H.O. Penn and a customer came in with a small dozer on a Hertz trailer. This was where he got it. Paul

Hertz Equipment Rental

(718) 786-4690

525 46th Ave

Long Island City, NY 11101

P.T.CHESHIRE

Try these people, Their near Hunts Point. They rent heavy equipment trailers from 1 ton to 20 tons. I was at H.O. Penn and a customer came in with a small dozer on a Hertz trailer. This was where he got it. Paul

Hertz Equipment Rental

(718) 786-4690

525 46th Ave

Long Island City, NY 11101

Thanks for the lead. I called them but the person who picked up gave me a cell phone number to call. I called three times and even left a message and was never called back. So I figured I would try going to the Hertz website and look for another branch. And wouldnt you know it, there is one right around the corner from my work place. I never knew it was there! So today I called and scheduled a pickup for Friday. Thanks for the help everyone.

-Thad

Gotta agree, a rollback would be a good deal, though it might get kinda hung up on the approach? Depending on ground clearance of towmotor.

We have local rental places(heavy equipment) and surely they would move something like that. Not going to be cheap, as I think they want $65 each way(?) to delivery a manlift(when I checked some time ago).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Here on the island most charge $100. to show up, $50 plus for a non running unit, $5.00 per mile and tolls off and on to L.I. average $100.00 plus some add a fuel surcharge............

P.T.CHESHIRE