98 Ch613 Wont Run

my mack started shutting down today own its own. the shutdown and electrical malfunction light illuminates and then it shuts off. the over ride button does not work. it will die anyhow. it is not low of water and i tried unhooking the sensor that plugs into the coolant resevior with no luck. it idid this twice before in one day two months ago and then no problems until today.

any one ever have this problem??

thanks.

code? i dont get any code. just the two lights and then it shuts down. i am a farmer and a steering wheel holder. dont claim to be a trucker.

i dont have a manual or anything. i have a 98 and 99 CH613. need to invest in a manual.

When the lightning bolt is lit you should be able to get a blink code by turning the cruise control on/off switch to off and then press the set/resume button. The lightning bolt will begin to flash a fault code made up of two numbers separated by a brief pause. If the light flashes 1 time, pauses, and then flashes 7 times then you have a 1-7 fault code (low coolant level). You will probably be looking for a 1-1 (oil pressure), 1-7 (coolant level), or 2-1 (coolant temperature) fault code if the engine is shutting down.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

my mack started shutting down today own its own. the shutdown and electrical malfunction light illuminates and then it shuts off. the over ride button does not work. it will die anyhow. it is not low of water and i tried unhooking the sensor that plugs into the coolant resevior with no luck. it idid this twice before in one day two months ago and then no problems until today.

any one ever have this problem??

thanks.

when I had the identical problem on a 97 CH it was the oil pressure shut down sensor -- the one on the rear side of the oil filters base. It didn't show a code and would sometimes run a month or 2 with no problems then again it might shut down every few minutes.

when I had the identical problem on a 97 CH it was the oil pressure shut down sensor -- the one on the rear side of the oil filters base. It didn't show a code and would sometimes run a month or 2 with no problems then again it might shut down every few minutes.

The early E-Tech engines had the oil pressure sensor on top of the filter housing. I've been told that the sensor was moved to the rear side of the housing as JerryB says to keep it from getting gummed up by residue in the oil. With the sensor mounted vertically there is also a possibility that water is seeping past the connector seal and into the terminals.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

great ideas guys. i will try the jumper wire and see what happens. i fired the truck up this a.m. and it idled for 20 minutes and nothing happened. yesterday evening it wouldnt idle 3 minutes. i am caught up with harvest right now so i will look into it further and post back.

thanks guys

great ideas guys. i will try the jumper wire and see what happens. i fired the truck up this a.m. and it idled for 20 minutes and nothing happened. yesterday evening it wouldnt idle 3 minutes. i am caught up with harvest right now so i will look into it further and post back.

thanks guys

I forgot to mention the jumper wire. That's exactly how the oil pressure shut down acts.