Hey Mackpro

i think part of my engine brake prob. mite be the switch, sometimes i can flip it off, then on again, and it works better.

there is an oily substance coming out of the control modual on the driver side of the engine, behind the spinner filter

any time i shut down for a couple days it will hold a gallon and a half of coolant. as long as i keep running it doesn't use any....

do you think i should try a new cap before i bring it in for service????????????

i think part of my engine brake prob. mite be the switch, sometimes i can flip it off, then on again, and it works better.

there is an oily substance coming out of the control modual on the driver side of the engine, behind the spinner filter

any time i shut down for a couple days it will hold a gallon and a half of coolant. as long as i keep running it doesn't use any....

do you think i should try a new cap before i bring it in for service????????????

I'll make sure I have a switch and go ahead and try a new cap, just make sure it's a 16 pound cap. This cooler weather is causing lot of cold water leaks.

somebody tell me not to worrie about it

It's a whole lot better to have oil running out of the engine ECM than antifreeze. The ASET's sometimes have the low coolant sensor leak antifreeze into the harness and it will make its way to the engine ECM and rot out the pins in the ECM. The MP engines usually have the oil level/temp sensor leak oil into the harness and usually not hurt anything but make a mess(sometimes cause weird codes to appear). So as long as it's just oil were are OK. Oil pressure or oil temp sensor is probably pushing the oil into the harness, we will get it figured out.

It's a whole lot better to have oil running out of the engine ECM than antifreeze. The ASET's sometimes have the low coolant sensor leak antifreeze into the harness and it will make its way to the engine ECM and rot out the pins in the ECM. The MP engines usually have the oil level/temp sensor leak oil into the harness and usually not hurt anything but make a mess(sometimes cause weird codes to appear). So as long as it's just oil were are OK. Oil pressure or oil temp sensor is probably pushing the oil into the harness, we will get it figured out.

thats cool. i was thinking ecm going bad.

thats cool. i was thinking ecm going bad.

bigen my old mess has always pushed a little oil through the harness and it comes out the ecm connection so I don't sweat it. On 15,000 oil change mine uses about 1 gallon of oil or a little less so it doesn't take much leak to look like a lot. I'm glad MackPro said where it comes from because I've worn callouses on my back sliding under trying to get a better look behind the oil cooler.

did you get the new east coast large car home yet?? I've been busy running short loads and haven't been able to keep up with your new large car adventure.