Checking In...

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi all;

Just thought I'd check in and tell you,my EH is back home!! I had it stored at a friend's place about 6 miles away,so I'd have room here at the house to get some other projects done. Today I drove the '54 GMC out to storage,swapped the battery into the :mack1: and drove it home. The plan is to do some work on it to get it road legal,however marginally it may be. Some of what I'm listing might never happen,some things will be done a couple of years from now,or later,unless I get extremely lucky.

Some of the things I want to get done are:

*Eventually replace the windshield,and repair the opener.

*Install mudflap hangers and mudflaps.Later,get some Mack ones.

*Re-plumb the HydraVac,only prettier this time.

*Kit the rear wheel cylinders,possibly the front too.

*Pack the wheel bearings.

*Change the dual air horns to a single one.

*Engineer an air system,and plumb in a set of glad hands.

*Straighten the left door frame and door so the latch works.

*Replace the door glass and channels,fit power windows kit.

*Correct the speedometer.

*Change leaky seals on the pinion and the Brownie input yoke.

*Change the lube on the boxes.

*Find the right oil filter and do an oil change.

*Install 3 inch lift blocks on the front axle.

*Might need to replace a couple of U-joints.

*Replace the heater fan motor.

*Replace the steering wheel,if I can find one.

*Install a windshield wiper set up.

*Loud-up the exhaust a little.

*It'll need a clutch,eventually.

*Install 10.00R-20's,which I already have.

*Get the left door graphics duplicated on the right door.

*Build a top for the glove box.(Open cowl vent empties it.)

As soon as I have the brakes working well,I need to go get the 40 foot trailer I have stored in Ryndon,which will involve swapping some wheels to different positions and installing the take-offs from the truck to make a passably matched set before I'll be able to move it,and tow it to where my other vehicles are located. If I have the air system worked out,this'd be a good chance to "smoke-test" it.

Don't know how much I'll be able to get done,but if I set one thing at a time as a goal,it'll move along.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Hi all;

Just thought I'd check in and tell you,my EH is back home!! I had it stored at a friend's place about 6 miles away,so I'd have room here at the house to get some other projects done. Today I drove the '54 GMC out to storage,swapped the battery into the :mack1: and drove it home. The plan is to do some work on it to get it road legal,however marginally it may be. Some of what I'm listing might never happen,some things will be done a couple of years from now,or later,unless I get extremely lucky.

Some of the things I want to get done are:

*Eventually replace the windshield,and repair the opener.

*Install mudflap hangers and mudflaps.Later,get some Mack ones.

*Re-plumb the HydraVac,only prettier this time.

*Kit the rear wheel cylinders,possibly the front too.

*Pack the wheel bearings.

*Change the dual air horns to a single one.

*Engineer an air system,and plumb in a set of glad hands.

*Straighten the left door frame and door so the latch works.

*Replace the door glass and channels,fit power windows kit.

*Correct the speedometer.

*Change leaky seals on the pinion and the Brownie input yoke.

*Change the lube on the boxes.

*Find the right oil filter and do an oil change.

*Install 3 inch lift blocks on the front axle.

*Might need to replace a couple of U-joints.

*Replace the heater fan motor.

*Replace the steering wheel,if I can find one.

*Install a windshield wiper set up.

*Loud-up the exhaust a little.

*It'll need a clutch,eventually.

*Install 10.00R-20's,which I already have.

*Get the left door graphics duplicated on the right door.

*Build a top for the glove box.(Open cowl vent empties it.)

As soon as I have the brakes working well,I need to go get the 40 foot trailer I have stored in Ryndon,which will involve swapping some wheels to different positions and installing the take-offs from the truck to make a passably matched set before I'll be able to move it,and tow it to where my other vehicles are located. If I have the air system worked out,this'd be a good chance to "smoke-test" it.

Don't know how much I'll be able to get done,but if I set one thing at a time as a goal,it'll move along.

Speed

Proofread your list for you, I think you should be able to knock that out by noon tommorrow, ifn you dont do a bunch of lollygagging,,good luck,,randy

:lol: Yeah-it's pretty much all little stuff;well-making it louder is kind of a big deal. :thumb: .......

Speed

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

:lol: Yeah-it's pretty much all little stuff;well-making it louder is kind of a big deal. :thumb: .......

Speed

Speed......ifn ya jist want to make it louder....all ya got to do is......cut a hole in the floor alittle bigger than the exhaust pipe, then run the pipe up into the cab bout close enough beside your head or ear ( for those folks that have hearing issues ) then enjoy the music all day ifn ya like. See that wasn't so bad. If ya need alittle AFRO enginuity you'll have to go somewheres else. Ya might try the Rounchy Rebel....he's out there someplace watching. :thumb:

mike :SMOKIE-LFT:

Speed......ifn ya jist want to make it louder....all ya got to do is......cut a hole in the floor alittle bigger than the exhaust pipe, then run the pipe up into the cab bout close enough beside your head or ear ( for those folks that have hearing issues ) then enjoy the music all day ifn ya like. See that wasn't so bad. If ya need alittle AFRO enginuity you'll have to go somewheres else. Ya might try the Rounchy Rebel....he's out there someplace watching. :thumb:

mike :SMOKIE-LFT:

LOL-Actually,I've matured a little in my middle age;instead of a straight stack,I'm going with a burned out glass pack,then the straight stack. :twothumbsup: