Water Pump Endt 673

Dennis

I am trying to remove the water pump on my B753. I have removed the 8 5/16" bolts on the face, but it will not come off the housing. What am I missing? I have hit it with a hammer but it still refuses to come apart. It can't be just the gasket holding it on.

I am trying to remove the water pump on my B753. I have removed the 8 5/16" bolts on the face, but it will not come off the housing. What am I missing? I have hit it with a hammer but it still refuses to come apart. It can't be just the gasket holding it on.

Old gasket shellac on gaskets is damned hard to get apart when it is several years old.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I am trying to remove the water pump on my B753. I have removed the 8 5/16" bolts on the face, but it will not come off the housing. What am I missing? I have hit it with a hammer but it still refuses to come apart. It can't be just the gasket holding it on. Does it have an oil cooler on the leftside? If so them bolts have to come out. Terry

I have removed the oil cooler bolts (2). This pump is stuck real good to the housing. I have hit it hard with a deadblow hammer and nothing. If I hit it any harder I will end up breaking the water pump. I am soaking the flange with penetrating oil now, maybe that will loosen the flange from the housing.

I have removed the oil cooler bolts (2). This pump is stuck real good to the housing. I have hit it hard with a deadblow hammer and nothing. If I hit it any harder I will end up breaking the water pump. I am soaking the flange with penetrating oil now, maybe that will loosen the flange from the housing.

If experienced, an oxy/acetylene torch will help to loosen the gasket around the perimeter holes where the bolts were. You can use a propane torch if uncomforable with oxy/acetylene, but is much slower.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.