Rob

GreenGiant2

hows the r-12 doin, was wonderind if you have the motor in the truck, and if the steering box was in the way, lookin at a 761 brockway with a 250 cummins and was thinkin it would be fun to play with a 12v71 in it . was wondering if an outside mounted box would work. just thinkin, boy that hurts............

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

hows the r-12 doin, was wonderind if you have the motor in the truck, and if the steering box was in the way, lookin at a 761 brockway with a 250 cummins and was thinkin it would be fun to play with a 12v71 in it . was wondering if an outside mounted box would work. just thinkin, boy that hurts............

gg2

There's a man in Madison Heights that lives behind where Jo used to live who has an old Brockway parked in the woods with a V12 Detroit in it. He was her landlord as a matter of fact, and had a lot of old trucks in the woods, including a V8 R-model. I took pictures of most of them with my old 35mm camera, but my scanner doesn't work so I can't post them unless I take a picture of the picture with my other camera. :pat:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

There's a man in Madison Heights that lives behind where Jo used to live who has an old Brockway parked in the woods with a V12 Detroit in it. He was her landlord as a matter of fact, and had a lot of old trucks in the woods, including a V8 R-model. I took pictures of most of them with my old 35mm camera, but my scanner doesn't work so I can't post them unless I take a picture of the picture with my other camera. :pat:

does the truck still exist, and how long ago.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

gg2

I have not installed the V12 into the chassis, yet. Not being able to locate acceptable manifolds and plumbing to relocate the turbochargers, I have decided to modify the cab firewall to accomodate the fitment. I've sourced another cab to modify as the original has far too much work in it and is very clean to modify. Using a different type of remote mount heater/defroster unit, I think I can retain the original dashboard layout.

I do have another RS700 with a long frame I'm working on getting home. Then going to cut and sleeve the two together to retain the "splayed front" of the original frame. Both frames are full doubled and the truck will be longer with the swap. I've rebuilt my original steering gear, (Ross HF-64) and plan to use it.

The engine is strapped to a pallet in the rear of the shop with fresh turbochargers still in their respective boxes from the rebuilder. Also have fresh machined flywheel, known good clutch discs, and rebuilt pressure plate/bearing setup. Of course the pilot bearing is new.

Hoping to get back onto this project over the winter months. "Momma" has been keeping my busy on the home front along with the federal job trying to extract the last bit of good from my ass before I tell them to kiss it. Over the past month I have literally destroyed one terminal radar, and 1/2 rebuilt another at this point.

Fun, they say.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

does the truck still exist, and how long ago.

gg2

Probably, it didn't look like it was going anywhere. But he had to move or get rid of some of his stuff because his neighbors complained about the "junk yard". I took the pictures about 4 or 5 years ago.

His name is Bobby Harris and he owns a construction company.

Here's the 2 pictures I have. Didn't get real close because of the brush.

Probably, it didn't look like it was going anywhere. But he had to move or get rid of some of his stuff because his neighbors complained about the "junk yard". I took the pictures about 4 or 5 years ago.

any info and phone # would be great. do you still live near there.

gg2

I have not installed the V12 into the chassis, yet. Not being able to locate acceptable manifolds and plumbing to relocate the turbochargers, I have decided to modify the cab firewall to accomodate the fitment. I've sourced another cab to modify as the original has far too much work in it and is very clean to modify. Using a different type of remote mount heater/defroster unit, I think I can retain the original dashboard layout.

I do have another RS700 with a long frame I'm working on getting home. Then going to cut and sleeve the two together to retain the "splayed front" of the original frame. Both frames are full doubled and the truck will be longer with the swap. I've rebuilt my original steering gear, (Ross HF-64) and plan to use it.

The engine is strapped to a pallet in the rear of the shop with fresh turbochargers still in their respective boxes from the rebuilder. Also have fresh machined flywheel, known good clutch discs, and rebuilt pressure plate/bearing setup. Of course the pilot bearing is new.

Hoping to get back onto this project over the winter months. "Momma" has been keeping my busy on the home front along with the federal job trying to extract the last bit of good from my ass before I tell them to kiss it. Over the past month I have literally destroyed one terminal radar, and 1/2 rebuilt another at this point.

Fun, they say.

Rob

is that steering box mounted on the inside or outside of frame.

any info and phone # would be great. do you still live near there.

gg2

Yes, I live near Gladys, about 25 miles from Madison Heights. Jo said he was "eccentric", but whenever I went to an antique truck show he always liked to see the pictures. He let me take pictures and showed me all of his trucks and told me their story, I thought he was real nice. I saw in Wheels of Time where he's joined the ATHS now.

His name is Robert W. Harris. The no. is 434-847-7564, but Jo said the last time she tried to call him she got the "disconnected or no longer in service" recording, so I don't know. Can't find Harris Construction in the yellow pages-maybe he retired.

I tried the no. and got "not in service" too. If I get a chance i'll ride by and see what I can see if you want me to.

Yes, I live near Gladys, about 25 miles from Madison Heights. Jo said he was "eccentric", but whenever I went to an antique truck show he always liked to see the pictures. He let me take pictures and showed me all of his trucks and told me their story, I thought he was real nice. I saw in Wheels of Time where he's joined the ATHS now.

His name is Robert W. Harris. The no. is 434-847-7564, but Jo said the last time she tried to call him she got the "disconnected or no longer in service" recording, so I don't know. Can't find Harris Construction in the yellow pages-maybe he retired.

I tried the no. and got "not in service" too. If I get a chance i'll ride by and see what I can see if you want me to.

yes, thanks, great

gg2

Here's the 2 pictures I have. Didn't get real close because of the brush.

I always liked the 361 series brockways,dam good truck in my opinion! i like the sound of a V-12 detroit,but thats about it,never really saw what all the fuss was about, notoriously problematic,oil leakers!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.