F.a.s.s. Fuel System

bobo

I had one I put on a 3406 cat. Didn't make any more HP. It did make easyer start. It is just a fuel strainer, then a high cap elec pump, then another fuel filter, with another return line to the tank. It also has a fuel heater built in.

I had trouble with the electric motor/pump freezing up. I don't think there worth it for the cat. The mack fuel system is a lot like the bosch on a mack. Increasing the transfer fuel pressure does NOT make more HP.

The filters cost more too.

If you had a old leaky fuel system it would hepl, but why not just fix your fuel sysstem, ie new hoses and fix suction leaks. Ihave one in the shed I took off... locked up motor!!! Put a new filter head and new lines on the truck , it ran just as well as it did with the FASS....

Thats just my opinion...YMMV..lol

More snake oil, I say. I ran a Fuel Preparator(same principle as FASS, they stole the technology) on my E-TECH 427 for three years with no advantage in horsepower or fuel economy. When I replaced fuel lines and converted to single draw/single return, I removed the unit and put it on the shelf where it sits. If anybody would like to try it, I will send it along with exta filters for the cost of shipping.

hey any one ever try or use a F.A.S.S. fuel system on an E9? or an E7? Im thinking of getting 1 for the superliner but not sure what one to get. bobo

I ran a fuel preporator on an 1989 Superliner with and mechanical E7 400, it made all the difference in the world. The truck never ran well when it was below 1/2 tank of fuel and the primary filter was always half empty when I would change it. It definitly helped with the power and fuel economy. It helped with the power so much I was able to go from a 4:42 ratio to a 4:17 ratio with a T2090 transmission and the engine was able to pull it without modifications. When the fuel preporator went bad I replaced it with a FASS system and we are still running it to this day. I also built a 1990 Superliner with an E9 500 and before I ever put it on the road I installed one on it too. I am still running the E9 500 also. I will never be without one of these systems as long as I'm running trucks with mechanical injection pumps and mechanical supply pumps. I talked to an engineer at the Hagerstown Powertrain Plant and he told me that as long as the electric pump could maintain 1 pound of pressure at the supply pump it was a benefit.

I ran a fuel preporator on an 1989 Superliner with and mechanical E7 400, it made all the difference in the world. The truck never ran well when it was below 1/2 tank of fuel and the primary filter was always half empty when I would change it. It definitly helped with the power and fuel economy. It helped with the power so much I was able to go from a 4:42 ratio to a 4:17 ratio with a T2090 transmission and the engine was able to pull it without modifications. When the fuel preporator went bad I replaced it with a FASS system and we are still running it to this day. I also built a 1990 Superliner with an E9 500 and before I ever put it on the road I installed one on it too. I am still running the E9 500 also. I will never be without one of these systems as long as I'm running trucks with mechanical injection pumps and mechanical supply pumps. I talked to an engineer at the Hagerstown Powertrain Plant and he told me that as long as the electric pump could maintain 1 pound of pressure at the supply pump it was a benefit.

Im thinking the same as you. On a mechanical pump, and inj's., which is crude system how could it not help, by pushing the fuel a bit and refining it. On an electric pump/high psi inj. I dont think it would help. Thats why Im asking. A few years ago when I was shop foreman we installed taggers(fuel atomizers)they didnt do a thing on the c15's but old mech E7 400 gained almost a half gallon.

Bubbamobilin what f.a.s.s part number do you use? thanks bobo

These type of units are popular with diesel pickup guys looking to turn the fuel way up. Supposedly they can keep a thirsty, modified injection pump well fed when the foot goes to the floor. If you are not turning up your engine or using serious fuel system mods then I would not bother.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

These type of units are popular with diesel pickup guys looking to turn the fuel way up. Supposedly they can keep a thirsty modified injection pumps well fed when the foot goes to the floor. If you arent turning up your engine using serious fuel system mods then I would not bother.

I will agree with that. On a stock engine thare had to be a problem with the system to gain any power with the Fass.

glenn akers

Im thinking the same as you. On a mechanical pump, and inj's., which is crude system how could it not help, by pushing the fuel a bit and refining it. On an electric pump/high psi inj. I dont think it would help. Thats why Im asking. A few years ago when I was shop foreman we installed taggers(fuel atomizers)they didnt do a thing on the c15's but old mech E7 400 gained almost a half gallon.

Bubbamobilin what f.a.s.s part number do you use? thanks bobo

Bobo,

I'm not sure which f.a.s.s unit I'm running but I will check it out and get back to you. My E7 is running the f.a.s.s system and my E9 has a Fuel Preporator. I think I would take up Underdog's offer to pay shipping on his unit and try it. He was trying to run it on a E-Tech engine and these engines have a better supply system and I don't think the benfit is as great.

The offer still stands. My unit is about 7 years old it has been sitting on my shelf wrapped up in the original box for 3 years. It was working when I took it off. Be glad to give it up to anybody thinks they can use it.

My friend Dan has a 94 CL with an E9 and he might want to give that thing a try. I'll talk to him and see.

More snake oil, I say. I ran a Fuel Preparator(same principle as FASS, they stole the technology) on my E-TECH 427 for three years with no advantage in horsepower or fuel economy. When I replaced fuel lines and converted to single draw/single return, I removed the unit and put it on the shelf where it sits. If anybody would like to try it, I will send it along with exta filters for the cost of shipping.

Hey Underdog I will take you up on the offer! (thanks bubbamobilin) do you ever come up to ontario? hamilton area? if not how do I get the money to you? got paypal? bobo