Garbage Spray?

vision386

Being from jersey originally,i still try and keep up with the local news whenever possible,saw this and had to laugh! seems middlesex county,NJ is experimenting with spraying the local landfill trash with a "fragrant spray" to help combat the stink! checked out the article on NJ.COM and sure enough,i see an RD-series flatbed with a sprayer meandering through the dump! here are some pictures.....full article at www.nj.com........Mark

post-5836-092259700 1282739819_thumb.jpg

post-5836-008365200 1282739848_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Being from jersey originally,i still try and keep up with the local news whenever possible,saw this and had to laugh! seems middlesex county,NJ is experimenting with spraying the local landfill trash with a "fragrant spray" to help combat the stink! checked out the article on NJ.COM and sure enough,i see an RD-series flatbed with a sprayer meandering through the dump! here are some pictures.....full article at www.nj.com........Mark

I've been using a similar product for years. I spray the backside of my shorts with the product, and my farts, they smell like roses!!

"Momma" prefers oranges however, and daughter Nikki like lavendar.

Everybody says the "pleasure is all theirs" to be around us.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

When we have a garbage truck in the shop we have a vanilla extract that we spray. Smells kind of like Lucky Charms breakfast cereal mixed with garbage afterwards, but it's better than the alternative.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I've been using a similar product for years. I spray the backside of my shorts with the product, and my farts, they smell like roses!!

"Momma" prefers oranges however, and daughter Nikki like lavendar.

Everybody says the "pleasure is all theirs" to be around us.

Rob

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.....and vice versa.

When we have a garbage truck in the shop we have a vanilla extract that we spray. Smells kind of like Lucky Charms breakfast cereal mixed with garbage afterwards, but it's better than the alternative.

I have a friend who's a mechanic at a shop in jersey,he HATES to see a waste management or BFI truck come in,he says its the leaking "gravy" that gets him everytime! gotta' love the garbage trucks!...................Mark

I have a friend who's a mechanic at a shop in jersey,he HATES to see a waste management or BFI truck come in,he says its the leaking "gravy" that gets him everytime gotta' love the garbage trucks!...................Mark

That "gravy" is full of protein! The worst are the trucks that pick up from grease traps (Valley Protein, et. al.). The motels won't even let them park nearby most of the time. It turns my stomach just thinking of the stench.

That "gravy" is full of protein! The worst are the trucks that pick up from grease traps (Valley Protein, et. al.). The motels won't even let them park nearby most of the time. It turns my stomach just thinking of the stench.

I passed one of those grease trucks a few years back during a rainstorm,that shit splattered every where! i had one hell of a time getting that crap off my windshield!................Mark

I passed one of those grease trucks a few years back during a rainstorm,that shit splattered every where! i had one hell of a time getting that crap off my windshield!................Mark

Whne I was in Junior High someone tipped over the grease trap at the school just after the weather started to warm up. The grease ran down the street and covered probably about a mile worth of the road's length. Ah, the aroma gently caresses my nostrils, stimulates my olfactory senses, and gives me butterflies in my stomach even still. The next school year there was still signs of it in gutters.

Worst smelling vehicles I ever had in the shop were used in hog lots. Two hours on the outside wash rack with a pressure washer before you would even think of doing anything to the truck. Amazing how that smell will permeate any, and everything, then linger for days.

Sort of like that gift that "keeps on giving".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Lipstick on a pig.

The worst thing I've pulled is a 30 yd compactor from Golden Corral after it sat in the 100 degree sun for a week.

Same one we ate at?

Rob

That one and two others in the area.

Lots of people run through that one on Capitol street. Peoria, IL just gave the OK for a Golden Corral to be built yesterday. Can't remember if it is for one, or two restaurants.

Rob

Lipstick on a pig.

The worst thing I've pulled is a 30 yd compactor from Golden Corral after it sat in the 100 degree sun for a week.

NO DOUBT! i saw somewhere today that raleigh set some kind of record this summer,something like 38 days over 100 degrees! i made a lot of deliveries in the raleigh/durham area this year,and i think it was as hot as i've ever seen it anywhere! me, i'll be glad to see some cooler weather!.......Mark

NO DOUBT! i saw somewhere today that raleigh set some kind of record this summer,something like 38 days over 100 degrees! i made a lot of deliveries in the raleigh/durham area this year,and i think it was as hot as i've ever seen it anywhere! me, i'll be glad to see some cooler weather!.......Mark

Sure was hot when I was there in July. Felt just like home here at the center of the earth.

Rob

Worst smelling vehicles I ever had in the shop were used in hog lots. Two hours on the outside wash rack with a pressure washer before you would even think of doing anything to the truck. Amazing how that smell will permeate any, and everything, then linger for days.

Sort of like that gift that "keeps on giving".

Rob

We had an old F-350 stake body truck on the farm,needed a rear,so my grandad bought one that no longer ran from a neighboring farmer,had been the "feed" truck on a turkey farm all its life! that stench was foul! (no pun intended) never in my life have i seen a baked on,dried ,covered with turkeyshit mess! normal few hour job took me the best part of a weekend! seems petrified turkeyshit is impervious to all manner of cleaning methods ie:steam,solvents etc! even today if a pass a poultry farm makes me a little nauseous!...........Mark

I have a friend who's a mechanic at a shop in jersey,he HATES to see a waste management or BFI truck come in,he says its the leaking "gravy" that gets him everytime! gotta' love the garbage trucks!...................Mark

reminds me of working in a garage in the '70's. We had to service the Holly Farms equipment. BIG poultry outfit in the south, bought by Tyson Foods in 1989. They kept 2 busses in Cumberland, with seats in the front half, and ramps on the back to haul a forklift. The chicken catchers rode the busses to the chicken houses where they caught the chickens and put them in crates and they used the fork lifts to load the crates onto flatbed trailers. Rainy days were the worst...chicken poop, feathers, all sorts of chicken house filth dripping on you...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.