Earning Her Keep....again

Congratulations Trent, the truck looks great.

Just be sure to insist on a decent rate for whatever work you do with it.

Don't know how the business climate is in the Chicagoland area, but around here theres so much cutthroat sh*t going on, pretty soon everybody will be working for free!

I got to the point where theres only 2 companies here that I'll haul for, if they ain't got no work, I stay parked.

After almost 33 years driving truck, I ain't gonna just do it for practice.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Thanks for the kind words folks. I dont think im shy about my Hourly rates. I charge $75 an Hr for the dump truck and $85 for the lowboy. sometimes its per load if I can cut a good deal and get rid of it quickly.

I "rent" both the trailers from my old boss and longtime friend.(he was the first to hire me when I was 21) sometimes I throw him some green other times I just move a machine or some truck loads of clay for him. It works out good for both of us. Im only plated for 73,280 so I cant haul large machines legaly. I work a 9-5 job so right now its just weekends,travel days that I get off from my M-F job and vacations.

I know what you are saying about the job market. I see some guys charge cut throat rates, then pay for a driver/fuel and at the end of the day then dont have any cash left to put into the truck. its a shame

I think im on par because if I get contracted out thru a friend I charge him $70 hr and he gets a $5hr cut for finding me the work. I dont mind do in that as it pays fine and it still keeps the marked steady for the next guy.

what are the rates like up in WI?

Thanks again

Trent