so i found few DMs today. and would like to know what the diffrence is?? one is an 800 one is an 809 one is an 885 and one is an 886. what do the number designations mean?? also what are the DMs letter designations?? i.e. sx,s,x,...?? my gf wrote down one of the models and it says DM800k never heard of a k. i know all about the B model numbers but the DMs are new to me!! any help would be great!!!

so i found few DMs today. and would like to know what the diffrence is?? one is an 800 one is an 809 one is an 885 and one is an 886. what do the number designations mean?? also what are the DMs letter designations?? i.e. sx,s,x,...?? my gf wrote down one of the models and it says DM800k never heard of a k. i know all about the B model numbers but the DMs are new to me!! any help would be great!!!

The DM is for dump/mixer application, the cab is offset. The first 8 is the model series. 86 and 88 identify the engine type. Suffix letters are as follows:

P-truck, 4 wheel platform

T-tractor, 4 wheel platform

ST-tractor, 6 wheel

S-Truck, 6 or 8 wheel

SX-truck, 6 or 8 wheel, on/off road dumper mixer

X-truck, 4 wheel dumper

FC-fire chassis,

FCS-fire chassis, tandem axle

Keep in mind that these identifications are no longer in use. The number your girlfriend wrote down should be a DM800GK, indicating it is a DM800 chassis glider kit.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

i was sitting at wotk today looking at the macks hauling by the shop and got to wondering if mack ever made any DM 700 series trucks i know they made the R models in the 700s but ive never seen a DM 700. joe

I don't see that any were made. The record skips from DM668 to DM807. Doesn't necessarily mean none were made though.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"