Lost Pulling Power

shadow

Thanks men i do apprricate the info and you taking time to help me.I will keep you posted on the progress.I will try another lift pump

Make sure the coolant is shut off to the fuel heater, if it has one. Alot of the Davco fuel filters have built in fuel heaters in them and I had Bigen's truck in the other day and it had hot coolant running through all the time with no shutoff. Just something to look at. Whats the last 6 of your vin#? I can pull up the parts and software levels in the ECM,s.

Make sure the coolant is shut off to the fuel heater, if it has one. Alot of the Davco fuel filters have built in fuel heaters in them and I had Bigen's truck in the other day and it had hot coolant running through all the time with no shutoff. Just something to look at. Whats the last 6 of your vin#? I can pull up the parts and software levels in the ECM,s.

vin#1m1aa13y54n156276 4mr21084 that's the complete vin number

vin#1m1aa13y54n156276 4mr21084 that's the complete vin number

That VIN still shows that the VECU datafile is setup for an FRO15210C transmission. If you have changed the transmission you need to have the datafile changed as well. I have run into this changing from a 13 speed T313 to a T318 transmission (they have the same end ratios) even though the parameters for the speedometer fault were removed. Also this is an ASET AC engine, and not an Etech CCRS, which has problems all it's own.

VECU software is 1MS364 with datafile 1MS365 (step 9B), EECU software is 1MS368A with datafile 1MS5166P13 (step 3A). If the turbo has been changed it should be a 631GC5176(A,B,C,or D)X. The original turbo should have been a 631GC5171. You need to replace the drain tube on the turbo with part number 681GC544

and then have the EECU flashed with 1MS387 software and programmed with a 1MS5183P13 datafile. You will need to contact Mack One Call and have this information changed and set up, you will then need to take it to a dealership and have the modules programmed. Make sure they calibrate the throttle and turbo after programming and enter the EUP cal codes. If you take it back to Beaumont make them do it for free, since they should have checked/changed all of this already!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

That VIN still shows that the VECU datafile is setup for an FRO15210C transmission. If you have changed the transmission you need to have the datafile changed as well. I have run into this changing from a 13 speed T313 to a T318 transmission (they have the same end ratios) even though the parameters for the speedometer fault were removed. Also this is an ASET AC engine, and not an Etech CCRS, which has problems all it's own.

VECU software is 1MS364 with datafile 1MS365 (step 9B), EECU software is 1MS368A with datafile 1MS5166P13 (step 3A). If the turbo has been changed it should be a 631GC5176(A,B,C,or D)X. The original turbo should have been a 631GC5171. You need to replace the drain tube on the turbo with part number 681GC544

and then have the EECU flashed with 1MS387 software and programmed with a 1MS5183P13 datafile. You will need to contact Mack One Call and have this information changed and set up, you will then need to take it to a dealership and have the modules programmed. Make sure they calibrate the throttle and turbo after programming and enter the EUP cal codes. If you take it back to Beaumont make them do it for free, since they should have checked/changed all of this already!

Thank's a million man, i suspected it was something electronic why the mack shop did not know this is beyond me but i could tell that the mechanic's were not trouble shooters if the shop computer didn't spit out the problem it wasn't going to get fixed.I hope they know what to do with this info.By the way i have not changed the transmission it is a fuller 10 speed that is what came in the truck.I want to thank you again and everybody that took time to help me --THIS SITE ROCKS IT IS THE BEST.....

the company i work for had a similar problem with their cl's it turned out to be the fuel tanks had rotated and put a kink in fuel hoses both the pickup and return hose we rotated the tanks to remove kinks and problem disappeared.

the company i work for had a similar problem with their cl's it turned out to be the fuel tanks had rotated and put a kink in fuel hoses both the pickup and return hose we rotated the tanks to remove kinks and problem disappeared.

That is the direction i was headed in, i got home from work early today and started removing the fuel line i got the feed from the tank to the filter off but since i got the info from rhasler i am taking it back to performance and let them change the data files to the correct ones and let them know a real mechanic diagnosed the problem, i wish i was close to his shop and i wouldn't have to fool with these people....so glad i found this site, who know's where i would be without all of you - thank's everybody

That is the direction i was headed in, i got home from work early today and started removing the fuel line i got the feed from the tank to the filter off but since i got the info from rhasler i am taking it back to performance and let them change the data files to the correct ones and let them know a real mechanic diagnosed the problem, i wish i was close to his shop and i wouldn't have to fool with these people....so glad i found this site, who know's where i would be without all of you - thank's everybody

Don't forget fjh and Mackpro68, I just did some of the leg work.

I don't want to forget ANYBODY it was a team effor THANK'S FJH and MACKPRO68 i would be lost without you'all

Hope they get it fixed for ya. Yea the ASET engine is a whole different ballgame. I pulled up the warranty file on this truck and on 5/15/06 it did have a 631GC5176CM5 turbo installed, it was orignally had the 5171 series turbo and when you change the turbo to the 5176 series you must update the software. The warranty claim never metioned that they did. I think Rhasler is on to the problem here.

[/quote

Nope this updated info changes everything follow the step Rhasler has set forth there are other things to go wrong here but get the softwear sorted out first! now that the AC item is out in the open rest asured its not the fuel preasure thing!This is why we have good boost and no power.The software thing may or may not be the answer here but ya got to try! I say this cause things changed mid stroke here before any programing was done! There may be other evil things at work here,Be sure they recalibrate the turbo and the throtle pedal And enter the cal codes (read and save customer data.)

A VGT can produce more air than an engine can use efficently.too much air no fuel to go with it!

Not that much power in Air! :)

Chrysler had a hell of a time with variable vane technology in turbocharging a few years back. Much the same has FJH has mentioned. Injection system can only put so much fuel out.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

gearbox speed sensor...............

I don't know if you guys in Australia were ever graced with the ASET engines. The AC engine, for on highway applications, had all sorts of problems with EGR, mass flow tubes, turbos, and the like. He definetly has some software issues to be sorted out first, but he may have other issues to deal with too.

• 9 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

did you ever find your problem?  have you checked the intake pressure sensor? This might sound crazy but make sure your coolant level is ok, and that the sensor is working. i have a cxu613, if the coolant level gets low it doesnt give me an engine light or derate code but it will reduce the torque by 40%..... Truck was driving me crazy, and couldnt figure it out, put water in it and Presto it pulled like it was supposed to