You Know It's Hot When...

RowdyRebel

...you open the hood and stand by the steer tires to cool off in the breeze made by the engine fan pulling air through the radiator. :blink:

Got to where I had to unload today, and the lazy phucker before me had plugged up the line and just left it....so without an empty hopper to work from, it's a much more difficult task to unclog the line. :angry: Took almost an hour in the heat of the afternoon with the sun bearing down....black asphalt beneath me.....kiln turning over my head. :wacko:

Just out of curiosity, I pulled the thermometer out of the truck and placed it in a shady spot near where I was working....only took a couple minutes to max out :o

l_1699f5ff6b304a35aeb524d22310b797.jpg

No telling how hot it really was.... :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

doc put me on bp med. this spring the side effect is can't take the heat, i turn brite red @ can't breath, if there is any body around they freek, want to call paremedics, i just get in the shade for a few and im okay for about anouther 10 min. or so.

dont know what would happen if i got that hot??????

I saw the forecast for yer area in the paper...103 tomorrow in St Louis. Seems we up here are in the meteorlogical hemerroid I.e. the 'ring of fire' and are due 3-5 inches of rain and low 90s for temps.

It's always a comfy 66-68 in my truck. Can't stand no a/c in a vehicle. As I type this my windows are fogged up due to the 99% humidity working at night.

Rowdy, I'll assume you're pulling a pneumatic tank...back when I did that someone showed me a way to 'back flush' and unplug a hose...can't remember how though because I successfully drank away that part of my memory due to the immense hatred I had for the tanker dooty.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

It's always a comfy 66-68 in my truck. Can't stand no a/c in a vehicle. As I type this my windows are fogged up due to the 99% humidity working at night.

I'm about the same way. Drove for years without a/c, but couldn't do it now. Used to haul wood chips to Covington,Va. in a '74 Transtar IH with no a/c and would get off of I-64 and get on rt. 60 and pull off at a big wide spot and get in the Cowpasture river to cool off.

I just figured i've gotten old and soft. Told Jeff once if the a/c quits the motor might as well be "blowed up sir", because I cain't drive it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.