Moving Back In To A Mack?

My current gig is about to run out of steam, with no highway projects in the foreseeable future for us, so it looks like I'll be hangin' up my Pete keys. I spoke today with the owner of another company, and he'll take me as soon as I work off my notice with the current co.

Looks like I'll be driving one of two trucks: a Vision or a CH, depending on whether I want to drive local end-dump or regional bottom drop. The CH is like the one I used to drive (my avatar), but with a giganto-sleeper.

I snuck a peek at the CH, and while it needs a bit of cleaning, it's in much better shape than my current ride. The Vision wasn't on the yard today, so I haven't seen it yet.

I don't know any specs at the moment.

Edited by spacer

My current gig is about to run out of steam, with no highway projects in the foreseeable future for us, so it looks like I'll be hangin' up my Pete keys. I spoke today with the owner of another company, and he'll take me as soon as I work off my notice with the current co.

Looks like I'll be driving one of two trucks: a Vision or a CH, depending on whether I want to drive local end-dump or regional bottom drop. The CH is like the one I used to drive (my avatar), but with a giganto-sleeper.

I snuck a peek at the CH, and while it needs a bit of cleaning, it's in much better shape than my current ride. The Vision wasn't on the yard today, so I haven't seen it yet.

I don't know any specs at the moment.

im happy with my mack, except the engine break, when its time for a new truck, im gona have to change something, i run out west alot and am tired of going down 6% grade at 25 mph.

im happy with my mack, except the engine break, when its time for a new truck, im gona have to change something, i run out west alot and am tired of going down 6% grade at 25 mph.

Why wait 'til you need a new truck? Get one of these installed on the one ya got...looks like it'd do the job :thumb:

http://www.blackwoodfire.org/docs/driver%20training%20resources/telmaretardermanual.pdf

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Why wait 'til you need a new truck? Get one of these installed on the one ya got...looks like it'd do the job :thumb:

http://www.blackwoodfire.org/docs/driver%20training%20resources/telmaretardermanual.pdf

cool concept

does anybody on here have one

Wow. I'd thought about that concept before, when looking at regen braking for electric cars, but never really thought about using it like a Jake. I didn't see any pricing on my google search, but if/when I buy a truck I plan on keeping for a while, this may end up on the short list.

i was driving a 09 granite with one on it and i could come down the mountain with 12/14% grades in 4th high split or 5th low split with a 18speed trans and hauling 38 to 40 tons without riding the brakes verry much at all. and the trucks just like it without the driveline brake had to come off the mountain in 2nd high or 3rd low and ride the brakes alot. the ones on the rds with them works well too. the only drawback i can see with useing them on a highway truck is the weight (prob close to 1000 pounds) but if you can live with the extra weight the mountain and hills will be no problem. just remember to grease the u joints every 2 days if you use it alot because of the extreme heat the unit puts out. joe

i was driving a 09 granite with one on it and i could come down the mountain with 12/14% grades in 4th high split or 5th low split with a 18speed trans and hauling 38 to 40 tons without riding the brakes verry much at all. and the trucks just like it without the driveline brake had to come off the mountain in 2nd high or 3rd low and ride the brakes alot. the ones on the rds with them works well too. the only drawback i can see with useing them on a highway truck is the weight (prob close to 1000 pounds) but if you can live with the extra weight the mountain and hills will be no problem. just remember to grease the u joints every 2 days if you use it alot because of the extreme heat the unit puts out. joe

thanks joe, but i need to loose 2,000 lbs. im at 34,300 without chains

Shoulda got a smaller fridge! Why so heavy...all steel flatbed or wha...?

TRAILMOBILE it wheights 13,000 naked, then ad tarps, chains, binders,tools, dunage,snow chains, aahh hell its fater than me.

no wander they went out of biss.

TRAILMOBILE it wheights 13,000 naked, then ad tarps, chains, binders,tools, dunage,snow chains, aahh hell its fater than me.

no wander they went out of biss.

Gah...I compare that to my daycab too...you're carrying 300 gal of fuel, plus bunk and all your stuff.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg