No Power

superliner85

Was just wondering if anybody knows how to turn the pump up on my 85 superliner with a E6 350 4V. Can I put a larger turbo on it.

Be carefull about how much fuel you set up.Some times you stay in then to long you burn pistons and can even twist the main brg bore out of line and spin a main brg. That engine has the main brg stableizer brackets on it now but it can still happen. glenn akers

glenn akers

Be carefull about how much fuel you set up.Some times you stay in then to long you burn pistons and can even twist the main brg bore out of line and spin a main brg. That engine has the main brg stableizer brackets on it now but it can still happen. glenn akers

How do I go about turning up the pump? Is their a cover I have to remove in order to do this?

well it depends on what you want to do, if you only want to see black smoke or what... if your truck smoke black now, it's because you need more air you got plenty of fuel. by adding more fuel i don't think you'll burn piston, you gotta do something with the timing to make shit like that. to much black smoke will get the attention of your friends... first of all, what you mean by low power?? truck don't pull at all, your 350 don't go in front of the C16??

sometimes unhooking the anaroid valve gives you more low Rpm power cause most people dont shim them correctly.

If u want to turn up the fuel first u need to find out if someone has already. on top the gov. there are six bolts one has a lead plug that needs to be removed then u need a special socket i believe its a 32 point socket. if u get the cover off u should be looking at the "rack" consisting of one nut with a carrot looking piece and another nut to jam them all together on a piece of all thread. a good rule of thumb i use is count the flats of the nuts in other words to get more fuel turn the back nut 5 flats to start (loosening it) then back the front nut to jam them together. take a center punch and make five dots on the gov. cover so u know how much fuel was turned up. Use caution doing this stuff.

If this thing is totally gutless, there is most likely a problem on the supply side of the fuel system (hoses or lift pump) There can be problems with the puff limiter also. I am guessing that motor probably has a PLM pump. to turn it up, you remove the cap on the govener. You will probably need a tamper-proof socket to do this. When you get inside, you want to move the stop plate forward. To get more RPMs at the top end the adjustment is under the tin cover behind the throttle arm.

Don't go crazy and you will be ok.