676 Head Bolt Torque

Torque to 220 and as for as using old bolts it is ok if not piited or stretched and i dont know the length but i always run the engine foe maybe 10000 miles and retorque. I do not know what mack says to do any more but some here are dealer techs and can say. But for years i have always torque it when hot and i back off each bolt one at atime then retorque and you can mark them and you will always gain it the torquing so i say the clamping is better after a retorque. I think the newer gaskets is a no torque but to me the clamping is a gain in doing so. Free advice again.

glenn akers

Torque to 220 and as for as using old bolts it is ok if not piited or stretched and i dont know the length but i always run the engine foe maybe 10000 miles and retorque. I do not know what mack says to do any more but some here are dealer techs and can say. But for years i have always torque it when hot and i back off each bolt one at atime then retorque and you can mark them and you will always gain it the torquing so i say the clamping is better after a retorque. I think the newer gaskets is a no torque but to me the clamping is a gain in doing so. Free advice again.

I wouldnt fuss over a retorque but Glenns schedule is a good one if you going to 10000 miles is a good number.