Steering Wheel Material

Does anyone have any experience repairing the cracks in a Mack steering wheel ? Would an epoxy filler color matched to the green color work ?

I really did not want to spend mega dollars to restore a really good original wheel; I just need to fix a couple of cracks. Also the wheel is the 20" B67 wheel, which is a little harder to come by - so I am reluctant to send it out.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Van Scott

Does anyone have any experience repairing the cracks in a Mack steering wheel ? Would an epoxy filler color matched to the green color work ?

I really did not want to spend mega dollars to restore a really good original wheel; I just need to fix a couple of cracks. Also the wheel is the 20" B67 wheel, which is a little harder to come by - so I am reluctant to send it out.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Van Scott

I've had pretty good luck with the epoxy as well. Take a dremel tool and clean out the cracks and make the crack wider below the surface of the crack(the epoxy will have less chance of cracking and falling out). After it hardens just sand it down and repaint the wheel. If you use a good brand of hardened paint it will last for years. You'll have to put in a lot of hours behind the wheel to wear it off.

Brad

I've had pretty good luck with the epoxy as well. Take a dremel tool and clean out the cracks and make the crack wider below the surface of the crack(the epoxy will have less chance of cracking and falling out). After it hardens just sand it down and repaint the wheel. If you use a good brand of hardened paint it will last for years. You'll have to put in a lot of hours behind the wheel to wear it off.

Brad

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try !!

Paul VS