Batteries In 55 B42 Gas

How many batteries does a 1955 B42 Gas engine come with from the factory mine only has one Battery box on the Passanger side and it looks to small to hold more than one battery. Its a 6 volt system, and I would think one batties would be to small to run the truck. But if it is only one battery where do I buy one with the correct cranking amps for the truck. I also believe these are possitive ground systems but not sure. any advice would be helpfull THANKS.

How many batteries does a 1955 B42 Gas engine come with from the factory mine only has one Battery box on the Passanger side and it looks to small to hold more than one battery. Its a 6 volt system, and I would think one batties would be to small to run the truck. But if it is only one battery where do I buy one with the correct cranking amps for the truck. I also believe these are possitive ground systems but not sure. any advice would be helpfull THANKS.

A single size 4 six volt battery will start the truck just fine. A couple of them in parallel configuration will give you a longer crank time but a properly tuned engine starts easily.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yep,,,6 volt positive ground. They have quite a reserve capacity for cranking. A well running system only needs the battery to start the truck then the generator takes over. The battery then only needs to assist when the generator output is not enough such as sitting at a red light with all the lights on and the heater blowing. If you are happy with a 6 volt system they are fine as intended. I wanted the ease of replacing a blown light bulb anywhere and add a modern radio so I went with a 12 volt conversion.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?