I'm All Giddy, Rob!

randyp

Well Rob, since I officially retired from coal mines in Feb. and been doing this lll dinky dirt business, actually started it before I retired, I been using a barrel and hand pump to fuel equipment. I broke down and ordered me a brand new fuel transfer tank and lectric pump from Northern Tool. It should be here in 7 to 9 days, and am excited to get to just stand there and pump fuel and whistle, stead of wearing my arm out pumping and having barrel slide around in bed of pickup. I also ordered me a Lincoln continuous flow air operated grease gun. This is gonna be so much fun, hell, my arm muscles may atrophy now from non-use! Take a break from your screwing round and come to texas and we will play with my new toys, will even let u squirt my grease gun! Have nice , safe holiday, and eat a hot dog or 12. Komrade Randy

Well Rob, since I officially retired from coal mines in Feb. and been doing this lll dinky dirt business, actually started it before I retired, I been using a barrel and hand pump to fuel equipment. I broke down and ordered me a brand new fuel transfer tank and lectric pump from Northern Tool. It should be here in 7 to 9 days, and am excited to get to just stand there and pump fuel and whistle, stead of wearing my arm out pumping and having barrel slide around in bed of pickup. I also ordered me a Lincoln continuous flow air operated grease gun. This is gonna be so much fun, hell, my arm muscles may atrophy now from non-use! Take a break from your screwing round and come to texas and we will play with my new toys, will even let u squirt my grease gun! Have nice , safe holiday, and eat a hot dog or 12. Komrade Randy

You will like having both of the items as I do mine. All of my stuff is air powered because I really don't get out of the shop much but they are used often. I don't have a mobil fuel transfer pump as having equipment fueled is just a phone call away. I do OCCASIONALLY run out of fuel in a truck or two however.......

When you say a continuous flow grease gun do you mean the hand held type, or the type that attached to a 120 pound drum? I have both and use the drum type mostly because it has 25' of hose and gets where you need it with 5000# of pressure. Lots of zerks on both trucks and equipment. Really can tire an arm or two out quick to take care of everything.

I went to high school in Waco for about a year and a half and still get into that country ever couple of years to visit friends. Been to the truck show at Tye when attending job training in OKC twice, but nothing is on the table there this year.

Retired at 56 eh?? I've been eligible for five years today for retirement. Although my physical bulk doesn't reflect it, I'm too young at 50 to draw on a pension solely, and exist.

Funny you should mention hot dogs. Momma is away with her momma fixxing me up some homade chilli injected super dogs, (our name) wrapped in fried grits instead of a bun for the holiday. I can eat about a dozen of em but then can't really move too easy for about an hour or so. Couple of hours later we can begin our "contest" to see who can sound off the loudest, longest, and permeate the surrounding air with the most pungent smells known to mankind. I think by the time all three of us get to going, the room odor is akin to a public latrine without air conditioning on a 90 degree day with heavy traffic.

Going to be gone the balance of the weekend to meet up with family and hopefully bring another truck home to replace my existing yard crane. Ole "Fred" is tired and deserving of retirement himself. After serving me faithfully for 25 years, he has "earned" his rest.

Have a happy, safe holiday everybody.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You will like having both of the items as I do mine. All of my stuff is air powered because I really don't get out of the shop much but they are used often. I don't have a mobil fuel transfer pump as having equipment fueled is just a phone call away. I do OCCASIONALLY run out of fuel in a truck or two however.......

When you say a continuous flow grease gun do you mean the hand held type, or the type that attached to a 120 pound drum? I have both and use the drum type mostly because it has 25' of hose and gets where you need it with 5000# of pressure. Lots of zerks on both trucks and equipment. Really can tire an arm or two out quick to take care of everything.

I went to high school in Waco for about a year and a half and still get into that country ever couple of years to visit friends. Been to the truck show at Tye when attending job training in OKC twice, but nothing is on the table there this year.

Retired at 56 eh?? I've been eligible for five years today for retirement. Although my physical bulk doesn't reflect it, I'm too young at 50 to draw on a pension solely, and exist.

Funny you should mention hot dogs. Momma is away with her momma fixxing me up some homade chilli injected super dogs, (our name) wrapped in fried grits instead of a bun for the holiday. I can eat about a dozen of em but then can't really move too easy for about an hour or so. Couple of hours later we can begin our "contest" to see who can sound off the loudest, longest, and permeate the surrounding air with the most pungent smells known to mankind. I think by the time all three of us get to going, the room odor is akin to a public latrine without air conditioning on a 90 degree day with heavy traffic.

Going to be gone the balance of the weekend to meet up with family and hopefully bring another truck home to replace my existing yard crane. Ole "Fred" is tired and deserving of retirement himself. After serving me faithfully for 25 years, he has "earned" his rest.

Rob

Rob, its the handheld lincoln grease gun that takes cartridges, if you hold trigger down, it continues to pump. I will hook it into the air on killer b or the dump truck. I will probably mostly grease when im gathered at yard anyway, however, I had a thought on those hot dogs you mentioned, if you could send me enough of those, I could just get good and gassed up and stick air supply hose up my ass and really get some greasing done! May get 8 or 9 thousand lbs. line pressure out of that,(if i get a good seal). Im bout 4 hours from waco, ever return, let me know and will buy your lunch. Happy 4th,,,,Safety Officer Randy

You will like having both of the items as I do mine. All of my stuff is air powered because I really don't get out of the shop much but they are used often. I don't have a mobil fuel transfer pump as having equipment fueled is just a phone call away. I do run out of fuel in a truck or two quite often in the driveway however.......

Rob

Fried grits?!! I haven't had that for years. Never had them with hot dogs though. Ma used to make grits-the old kind that you had to cook,not the instant grits you get now-put them in a pan and refrigerate them overnight,then slice them the next morning and fry them in a skillet and we'd put syrup on them like you do pancakes-delicious!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.