Bomber Pilot

randyp

Anybody ever have a hankering to be a bomber pilot or navigator, drag your google map screen out and see where i will be doing all my sweating for the next couple of weeks,,,33 06'31.24"N 94 43'37.95"W just dont drop anything when you make your run over,,,Randy

Hey randy,right there with you! i always was interested in vintage aircraft (WWII era) i had an opportunity to take a ride in a B-17 when i was a younger man,it was quite an adventure! my maternal grandfather was a right waist gunner on a B-17, flew 26 missions, was shot down twice! tough old bastard! don't know if you know the name, but paul tibbetts has always been one of my heroes (enola gay/ B-29) when i think, or read something about what these flight crews went through,makes me proud to be an american!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Hey randy,right there with you! i always was interested in vintage aircraft (WWII era) i had an opportunity to take a ride in a B-17 when i was a younger man,it was quite an adventure! my maternal grandfather was a right waist gunner on a B-17, flew 26 missions, was shot down twice! tough old bastard! don't know if you know the name, but paul tibbetts has always been one of my heroes (enola gay/ B-29) when i think, or read something about what these flight crews went through,makes me proud to be an american!...........Mark

yeah mark, I have great respect for all our veterans, but those guys who crawled in those bombers and flew over germany and france, now that took some real cojones. Mind you, I mean to take nothing away from our beachlanding veterans, or any of them, they have a special place in my heart. I buy vintage aircraft mags, just always had a big interest in them. You actually got to ride in one! Now that would have to be the thrill of a lifetime! Randy

yeah mark, I have great respect for all our veterans, but those guys who crawled in those bombers and flew over germany and france, now that took some real cojones. Mind you, I mean to take nothing away from our beachlanding veterans, or any of them, they have a special place in my heart. I buy vintage aircraft mags, just always had a big interest in them. You actually got to ride in one! Now that would have to be the thrill of a lifetime! Randy

MY FATHER AND I GOT TO FLY IN THE FUDDY DUDDY , A B-17 THAT BELONGED TO THE WINGS OF EAGLES AIR SHOW. WE BOTH GOT TO SIT IN THE FRONT GUNNERS BUBBLE . IT WAS A VERY EVENTFULL FLYT. LONG STORY, BUT COOL WHEN YOUR TEN YEARS OLD.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

The one i got to ride in was restored by the confederate air force a good number of years ago, though this is not the same plane,this is one i got to have an up-close and personal look at. this one is one permanent display just outside of pensacola,FL.......Mark

post-5836-004033800 1277416395_thumb.jpg

post-5836-045129700 1277416466_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I was 6 years old when the movie 'Top Gun' came out...since then I've always wanted to learn how to fly.

That movie was a great enlisting tool for the Navy. As the youg'ns scraped the sides of the ship, they would always wonder when they would meet Kelly McGillis

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian