1963 White 7000 Series

ARTEMIS1759

My Dad used to own a yellow and brown two tone one. I want to build a model of it. Can anybody help me with specs on this truck? He said it had a 225 hp CAT? I can't find anything that says they used a CAT motor or what motor it would have been. Had a 16 speed "hot stick" transmission. What is this exactly? Also, why is it reffered to a "hot stick"? I always wondered that. I am a young pup (32) but I love old rigs.

I'd bet it had the 5 speed with 3 speed rears,that was a pretty popular combo.The old 7000 I have was spec'd this way,220 Cummins,5speed,3 speed rears.I'm guessing by the "hotstick" you mention,you're talking about the air shift 4x4 and I don't think I've seen one of those in anything much earlier than a '68.

In 1963 you would find very few trucks using a cat engine if any.There was one here older than that that was ordered by the cat dealer and it may have been a special order. The same dealer here had leter a freight liner maybe a 64 or 65 that was the first cab over from ca. that was built with a 1693 in it.The dog house was modifided to use the engine at the factory.

glenn akers

Yeah, this one was definately a Cummins. It was my screw up. What companies would have made the transmission and rears for this?

The 3 speed rears were made by Eaton,trans. was probably Fuller or Spicer.I've got a very rough 7000 that still has the rears,motor and trans. are gone.It would make a good parts truck if you find one to restore.

The 3 speed rears were made by Eaton,trans. was probably Fuller or Spicer.I've got a very rough 7000 that still has the rears,motor and trans. are gone.It would make a good parts truck if you find one to restore.

Thanks Super Dog, I will keep that in mind. In the next few years I plan to build a Hotrod shop that specializes in Rods and restorations to include cars, trucks, semis, motorcycles, etc. I want to restore an old semi and already have thougt about this one and an old Mack of course.