Neway Suspensions.

stev

I looked at a 1989 r688st tractor yesterday with a neway air suspension. I was surprised to find air under it, although the two 130 gallon aluminum tanks were from Canada, and it seems t me that I have heard that those big tanks were features mostly found on Canadian trucks in those model years.

So, they appeared to be in reasonable condition, a bit of surface rust on the lower arms, but otherwise looking good. Is these anything to be aware of concerning one of these setups? Other than that, the truck looked pretty good for a truck of that age.

There was no metal builders plate inside the drivers door, only. A faded sticker i could not read. Did I miss it somewhere?

There was no metal builders plate inside the drivers door, only. A faded sticker i could not read. Did I miss it somewhere?

It could be that the driver's door has been replaced and the tag wass not transferred to the new door. Look on the right frame rail for the vin number.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

from the pics I have seen... alot of R models in canada had neway air ride and had large fuel tanks on both sides. alot also have large walk in sleepers installed. items that seam shome what uncommon in the states?

I have heard that the old Neway air ride set ups are liked by the heavy haulers due to the articulation and ride control? Never drive on so cant comment. as far as checking them out... the rubber/bushings just need to be checked to make sure everything stays true.

:SMOKIE-LFT: Neway suspensions work well on heavy haul applications they just have more bushings to wear out , but replacing bushings isn't a common thing on them , they last pretty good and also give a decent ride.

That is what I wanted to hear!! With the neway I'm putting under my B. It looks pretty stout and the bushings don't look beat out of it. The only one I have concern is the panhard and I'll be replacing it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"