Found this at a mack dealer in western colorado,it is obviously a E-model , but year, designation, specs. etc. i was unable to find out, as they were getting ready to close for the day. I did learn it was a "sparetime" project for the shop, and that the pickup body was off an "L' series international. The guy i talked to said it was about 99% complete,just needed some fit/finish work. I wish i was able to find out more about it, as i thought it was nicely done for a "phantom" not like some of the trucks turned into pickups, i personally like the "stock" appearance. mark

post-5836-127315662633_thumb.jpg

post-5836-127315664156_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I love the open wheel's! Dayton style on a P/U truck thats niiiiccceee! BULLHUSK

Thats one of the things i like about it too,this looks like something mack could have actually built! it looks a lot better in person, it was dusty from sitting outside, it was really windy/dusty when i took the pictures. mark

Denver Mack had/had one. Its been a few years since I stopped by , they also have/had a A model if im correct. -Jay

Thats a good looking B you have there! what part of NC are you from? i'm in virginia, about 40 miles north of greensboro......mark

By looking at the hood, it is an ED- not sure of the year. ED's had just the trim strips along the sides of the hood. Bigger E's have vents under each of the strips. This probably did start life as a pickup.

By looking at the hood, it is an ED- not sure of the year. ED's had just the trim strips along the sides of the hood. Bigger E's have vents under each of the strips. This probably did start life as a pickup.

That was my best guess as well, though i did consider an EE model too. not sure about it starting out as a pickup though,the body that was on it was off a 3/4 ton international,and the young guy i talked to said when they got it,it had a platform/flatbed body on it. so at this point it's anybodys guess, but i do agree with you,i think its an ED also. mark

That was my best guess as well, though i did consider an EE model too. not sure about it starting out as a pickup though,the body that was on it was off a 3/4 ton international,and the young guy i talked to said when they got it,it had a platform/flatbed body on it. so at this point it's anybodys guess, but i do agree with you,i think its an ED also. mark

My 2 cents is that it would look better with a flatbed on it instead of a morphodite with that International box.

I believe all of the ED's I have seen were pickups although it certainly could have been ordered as a cab and chassis or there may have been a flatbed/stake rack option.

i posted some pics of that in my ed post, i know the young guy your talking about at western co. mack, i had some truck trouble out there and he was very helpfull, he is the only mack guy you can count on west of the rocky's

i keep thinking he is gona show up on here.

i posted some pics of that in my ed post, i know the young guy your talking about at western co. mack, i had some truck trouble out there and he was very helpfull, he is the only mack guy you can count on west of the rocky's

i keep thinking he is gona show up on here.

Yeah.probably the same guy, i had a pop-off valve go bad in my primary air tank and he came in on saturday to fix me up with another one and a spare,i agree, their about the only descent dealer out in that area, never had too good luck with denver mack........mark