Progress:

Rob

Got a good review from the doctor concerning my back and he will now remove me from "light duty", (like I've paid any attention) but it's legit that I can go back at it full steam. Decided to celebrate in the shop tonight so got out the skid steer, unloaded the gantry crane from my trailer and proceeded to set it up in the driveway. Now you'd think with a building the size of mine I would set it up inside right?? Well, not enough room cause of all the important possessions that must be kept out of weather. This gantry is rated at three tons and is 17'4" between the uprights. The span of the legs with steel caster wheels is 6.5 ft., and it's adjustable from 10'2" below beam, to 16'3" below beam. This will give me at least 12'6" at a mimimum under hook height. It is completely air powered in the hoist with manual operation for and aft, and left and right. I have a two ton Coffing hoist from my bridge crane that I never set up with a powered trolley if I don't care for this one.

Gonna be nice lifting and moving some of this heavy shit around here without using the cherry picker, forklift, skid steer, boom truck, etc... It will be so much easier pulling/swapping engines around when there is nothing around the sides or front in the way.

Left the camera at work so I'll post up some photos in the next couple of days.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Got a good review from the doctor concerning my back and he will now remove me from "light duty", (like I've paid any attention) but it's legit that I can go back at it full steam. Decided to celebrate in the shop tonight so got out the skid steer, unloaded the gantry crane from my trailer and proceeded to set it up in the driveway. Now you'd think with a building the size of mine I would set it up inside right?? Well, not enough room cause of all the important possessions that must be kept out of weather. This gantry is rated at three tons and is 17'4" between the uprights. The span of the legs with steel caster wheels is 6.5 ft., and it's adjustable from 10'2" below beam, to 16'3" below beam. This will give me at least 12'6" at a mimimum under hook height. It is completely air powered in the hoist with manual operation for and aft, and left and right. I have a two ton Coffing hoist from my bridge crane that I never set up with a powered trolley if I don't care for this one.

Gonna be nice lifting and moving some of this heavy shit around here without using the cherry picker, forklift, skid steer, boom truck, etc... It will be so much easier pulling/swapping engines around when there is nothing around the sides or front in the way.

Left the camera at work so I'll post up some photos in the next couple of days.

Rob

You better take good care of your back Rob, dont get to feeling frisky or it will sneak up on you, I had a bad incident with a cat scraper 4 years ago and was laid up in a brace for 4 months, that sure wasnt fun. I always thought scrapers ought to be banned anyway,,,later,,,Randy