Mack Trans's In R Models?

Chris,

We had one R S/A with the 2 stick 6 speed, the remainder of the S/A's were 5 speeds and our tandem R's had the Mack 10 speed (Superdog could tell you the model #) that you split each of the 5 forward gears (like a super 10), and could select reverse giving you 5 reverse gears. I have seen many R models with Fuller 10 speeds as well.

T.

the transmission is depended on what engine concept you had, whether a maxidyne or econodyne. if the latter was selected than you had a mulitple of transmissions(multi-speeds) available. the maxidyne concept utilized the high torque rise enabling the use and simplicity of a 5 or 6 speed. the transmission model you were talking about was the trtxl-1070 (B) or trdl-1070.

the smiling face should have been a B

the transmission is depended on what engine concept you had, whether a maxidyne or econodyne. if the latter was selected than you had a mulitple of transmissions(multi-speeds) available. the maxidyne concept utilized the high torque rise enabling the use and simplicity of a 5 or 6 speed. the transmission model you were talking about was the trtxl-1070 (B) or trdl-1070.

the smiling face should have been a B

2 stick 6 speeds in the 80's were TRXL107 & TRXL1071

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

you are correct. but, in his sentence he noted that you split each hole and that is the old trtxl1070 or 1070b.

in a six speed you do not split.

Yes, Rick, you are correct also about the model #s for the Maxitorque 10 & 12 speed.

What I was referring to was Chris's initial post about 2 stick six speeds in the 80's.

I s'pose I should have quoted that post instead of yours.

Herb

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"