Sign in to follow this  
gary534

Mack Gasoline Engines

I would like to know the bore x stroke - cubic inches of the Mack gas engines of the 1950s and 1960s.

a 707 cu.in. is 5in. borex 6in. stroke :SMOKIE-LFT:

Thank you, twostickmutt1, for the 707 specs. The 707 is obviously a six cylinder - is it an inline six or a V6 ? :mack1:

Go to the liberiary and get a "Motor's or Chiltons" truck manual from 60s-early 70s will have the info you need. There was about 6-7 different gas engines, and none were V6 all inline.

Go to the liberiary and get a "Motor's or Chiltons" truck manual from 60s-early 70s will have the info you need. There was about 6-7 different gas engines, and none were V6 all inline.

go to the links section in this site, should be a link for the b-model registry, click that and that site has downloadable pdf file that has all the specs. on the engines, bore, stroke horse power, also tells what truck they were in and all the info on the trans and ratios, wiring diagrams, cab specs front axles and about anythink you will want.

Fred

Thanks for the reply, I cant get through to the B model registry, libraries around here have mostly late model auto manuals, nothing about old trucks.

Thanks for the reply, I cant get through to the B model registry, libraries around here have mostly late model auto manuals, nothing about old trucks.

Can anyone tell me what model had a gasoline v-8 (either an E414 or 414E??)???

Early R400 could be had with a Chrysler 413. Is that what you are thinking of? 414 was a IH farm and industrial 6cyl. diesel.

Chuck

Go to oldmacksrus.com

Tom did a hell of a job getting all this info in one pile!

Packer

Go to oldmacksrus.com

Tom did a hell of a job getting all this info in one pile!

Packer

That's the one

Thanks CML!