Didn't Know A 12 Speed Could Shift So Good

test drove the truck today and man smooth shifting. shifts as good as my 13 speed in my t600. Again thanks for the help!

Buddy clap.gif

Very smooth and fast if the pressure regulators are working correctly.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Very smooth and fast if the pressure regulators are working correctly.

Rob

Not having a 12 speed yet and being dumb to them , how do you shift them, and how does the pattern go.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Not having a 12 speed yet and being dumb to them , how do you shift them, and how does the pattern go.

GG2

Shifts like a 10 speed fuller but there are some cool extras like 2 low hole gears activated by an air switch on dash with a lock out so you can only use them in 1st gear. and reverse is on the slide air valve on shift knob and you have 5 gears in reverse. If you have a pto there is a position on the slide air valve for that but you have to engage your pto seperately also. Tranny is cool but not for beginers i dont think they would make out to well. alot going on with this tranny.

Guest 45LMSWM

Shifts like a 10 speed fuller but there are some cool extras like 2 low hole gears activated by an air switch on dash with a lock out so you can only use them in 1st gear. and reverse is on the slide air valve on shift knob and you have 5 gears in reverse. If you have a pto there is a position on the slide air valve for that but you have to engage your pto seperately also. Tranny is cool but not for beginers i dont think they would make out to well. alot going on with this tranny.

Actually, The 12-speed Mack trans was the first trans I ever worked for a living. Never really drove anything for any amount of time before that. I figured it out alot faster than the 13 double over Fuller I drove next. I learned how to back up really good, though, with 6 speeds reverse! I still love that 12 speed. We have 4 trucks with it. The only thing I like better is an 18speed Fuller, but that one's no fun in reverse.

-John

for a maxidyne the 12 speed was one of the best trans options to have. you can drive like a 5 speed if on the flats or split 3-4-5 in the hills. still had all your reverse gears. and plenty of low hole gears. and it was OD in top gear.. im still looking to add one to my 77 Mack

Actually, The 12-speed Mack trans was the first trans I ever worked for a living. Never really drove anything for any amount of time before that. I figured it out alot faster than the 13 double over Fuller I drove next. I learned how to back up really good, though, with 6 speeds reverse! I still love that 12 speed. We have 4 trucks with it. The only thing I like better is an 18speed Fuller, but that one's no fun in reverse.

-John

I think i made a mistake on how the 12 speed shifts . I should have said it shifts like a stupid i mean super 10 speed :pat: