Pic Of 15

silverstar

ok here is a pic. still cant find a serial number. any ideas what year?post-3884-12666907759458_thumb.jpgpost-3884-12666907410443_thumb.jpgpost-3884-12666907160525_thumb.jpg

hard to say was thinkin first that its an later 15b,but lookin at the dash ,looks like my old TD-9 SERIES B. nice lookin tracks,no rops easier to get under low places. what peeks my interest is on the right side u have a cover that covers the hyd. lines on the floor plate. dont understand why ,my machine had them there for the winch hyd lines from the engine mounted pump. the throttle handle is very simalar to my old 9,dash and all. i want to say that it is an older model. you may be able to look at the injector pump and get #s of and look up what that pump fit on also. so did you get it for a steal???????????? look good to run

GreenGiant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I remember the look of those tractors in the 67-72 timeframe. I was too young in those days to know what I was looking at, but the IH dealer wasn't far and was an active playground.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

A 15B with the square corner grille like that would be mid 60's vintage.

Late 60's they went to the rounded grille that looked more like a Caterpillar.

Had a 1971 15c that was a early machine but the dash looks early style for the 15 b series

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

hard to say was thinkin first that its an later 15b,but lookin at the dash ,looks like my old TD-9 SERIES B. nice lookin tracks,no rops easier to get under low places. what peeks my interest is on the right side u have a cover that covers the hyd. lines on the floor plate. dont understand why ,my machine had them there for the winch hyd lines from the engine mounted pump. the throttle handle is very simalar to my old 9,dash and all. i want to say that it is an older model. you may be able to look at the injector pump and get #s of and look up what that pump fit on also. so did you get it for a steal???????????? look good to run

GreenGiant2

could do a filter check also , they may have run different filters for a 361 or 407 maybe air filters do to bigger engine size, should be a stamping on engine mid block under exhaust man.

GreenGiant2

traded a semi and lowboy and 1000. Had 5300 in semi and lowboy. So 6300. I did get a rops for it and it does have the new track. was it a fair deal???

traded a semi and lowboy and 1000. Had 5300 in semi and lowboy. So 6300. I did get a rops for it and it does have the new track. was it a fair deal???

gooooooood deal one new track or 2 new tracks, hows the skin on the blade look, should be 10'6" semi u blade........had a 20b that i bought years ago for 3601.99 sealed bid with new bottom, sold it for 11,000 1 year later to buy my tag trailer, was a nice machine,,,,, make sure you get a nice chrome stack on it........

GG2

gooooooood deal one new track or 2 new tracks, hows the skin on the blade look, should be 10'6" semi u blade........had a 20b that i bought years ago for 3601.99 sealed bid with new bottom, sold it for 11,000 1 year later to buy my tag trailer, was a nice machine,,,,, make sure you get a nice chrome stack on it........

GG2

yes got both new tracks,blade,cutting edge all great,could use one new sproket,got any?

Actually this takes a sprocket ring, do those still have dowels?

B and C models all had sprocket rings , many of the parts off the 175's will interchange,realy all that is different is the side frames. little difference in the finals with gear size and heft. try finding a parts book on line to find the difference between the two.

GG2

B and C models all had sprocket rings , many of the parts off the 175's will interchange,realy all that is different is the side frames. little difference in the finals with gear size and heft. try finding a parts book on line to find the difference between the two.

GG2

any luck yet finding a serial # on the machine

GG2

any luck yet finding a serial # on the machine

GG2

Couple of guys on redpower forum have given me a close year, the engine number ( td 15b pm 7514) says that it is a 1964, Rocko (Russ) thinks it may be a little newer, i am starting to think the guy hilljacked some things on it, its not in the main work shop yet, just in a shed, but we took all the hood and side sheilds off. Evedently the guy did not believe in washing equipment, ever, this thing has more grease and dirt on it. I have never seen a machine so dirty. There is problably some more number under all the grease. I started to do a filter search like you recomended (simple good idea). So i thought lets start with the air. Well guess what, no air filter. If you run a machine without an air filter, what other stupid stuff did he do? So thats were i am at. I still see alot good with the machine though, nothing major seems to be wrong yet. Now i need manuals, would like to get a parts manual and service manual for a 15b. got any ideas? thanks

Couple of guys on redpower forum have given me a close year, the engine number ( td 15b pm 7514) says that it is a 1964, Rocko (Russ) thinks it may be a little newer, i am starting to think the guy hilljacked some things on it, its not in the main work shop yet, just in a shed, but we took all the hood and side sheilds off. Evedently the guy did not believe in washing equipment, ever, this thing has more grease and dirt on it. I have never seen a machine so dirty. There is problably some more number under all the grease. I started to do a filter search like you recomended (simple good idea). So i thought lets start with the air. Well guess what, no air filter. If you run a machine without an air filter, what other stupid stuff did he do? So thats were i am at. I still see alot good with the machine though, nothing major seems to be wrong yet. Now i need manuals, would like to get a parts manual and service manual for a 15b. got any ideas? thanks

thinkin that it could be a 64 , would make me think that the dowel size will be the smaller size, which means you need to find parts for a B series, parts off a 175B would work........you could always look on ebay for manuals, dont know if i like the idea of no air filter, is there a decal on the filter housing that states what international part # the filter would be

GG2

thinkin that it could be a 64 , would make me think that the dowel size will be the smaller size, which means you need to find parts for a B series, parts off a 175B would work........you could always look on ebay for manuals, dont know if i like the idea of no air filter, is there a decal on the filter housing that states what international part # the filter would be

GG2

Hey how goes the search, any luck.

GG2

Now we are getting in pretty good shape. I cant do any more on it until i get into the main shop but i have a good amount of info piled. The seals are in for the mack so have to get back on that.

how is the mack comin along, any results yet on the 15,,,what was that john deere in the background of the one pic. of the 15, for sale at all

GG2

how is the mack comin along, any results yet on the 15,,,what was that john deere in the background of the one pic. of the 15, for sale at all

GG2

got the info your lookin for on how to tell years. call me 716 432 4267 evenings good

Don smith

havent checked forum in a few days, so i'll give you a call here soon. The deer in the back is a 4020 gas. thanks

Friday afternoon would work good with me.

GG2

• 2 weeks later...

havent checked forum in a few days, so i'll give you a call here soon. The deer in the back is a 4020 gas. thanks

Friday afternoon would work good with me.

GG2

HEY HAVENT HEARD FROM YOU ,,,WONDERING HOW THE 15 GOES, OR DID YOU GET INTO MORE THAN YOU EXPECTED OR HOPEFULLY YOU GOT WORK COMING IN

GG2