Pic Of 15

silverstar

ame='GreenGiant2' date='04 March 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1267756493' post='50638']

HEY HAVENT HEARD FROM YOU ,,,WONDERING HOW THE 15 GOES, OR DID YOU GET INTO MORE THAN YOU EXPECTED OR HOPEFULLY YOU GOT WORK COMING IN

GG2

here is the new scoop, finally got the 68 dm 600 back on the road, the 237 runs awsome in the old girl. lot more power than the old 673 natural that was in there. the jake on it is sweet. Now for the 15, finally got it in the shop. All looks pretty good, took me a whole day to pressure wash it down, it was DIRTY. the few problems that i have to address first are a good fuel leak coming from around the secondary filter. i pulled it tonight and it seems to be a bad line but there is a braze on the can, may be that. the next issue is a good hydrulic leak. the leak is coming out of the top of the trans where the shuttle lever goes in. i know it is a terrible discription. i'm still trying to round up manuals so i can determine if its a seal or an o ring, hope its not too big of deal. the last bigger problem is the left steering clutch seems to be sticking or not engaging, not sure if its ajustment, seized or worn out. the manual will be a big help. Work has picked up and i spent most of my money on the mack so i guess i got to get back to work. right now septics and drive ways are big. still have some service to do on equipment to. so thats the scoop. Hope all is going good your way, give me a update. still need to give you a call. thanks jared

here is the new scoop, finally got the 68 dm 600 back on the road, the 237 runs awsome in the old girl. lot more power than the old 673 natural that was in there. the jake on it is sweet. Now for the 15, finally got it in the shop. All looks pretty good, took me a whole day to pressure wash it down, it was DIRTY. the few problems that i have to address first are a good fuel leak coming from around the secondary filter. i pulled it tonight and it seems to be a bad line but there is a braze on the can, may be that. the next issue is a good hydrulic leak. the leak is coming out of the top of the trans where the shuttle lever goes in. i know it is a terrible discription. i'm still trying to round up manuals so i can determine if its a seal or an o ring, hope its not too big of deal. the last bigger problem is the left steering clutch seems to be sticking or not engaging, not sure if its ajustment, seized or worn out. the manual will be a big help. Work has picked up and i spent most of my money on the mack so i guess i got to get back to work. right now septics and drive ways are big. still have some service to do on equipment to. so thats the scoop. Hope all is going good your way, give me a update. still need to give you a call. thanks jared

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT ONE PROBLEM FIXED AND ON TO THE NEXT. SOUNDS LIKE THE STEERING CLUTCH MAY HAVE DROPPED A DISK IF IT IS SLOW TO ENGAGE OR MAY JUST BE AJUSTMENT. THEY WILL BE SLOW TO ENGAGE IF ALL DISKS ARE NOT THERE . TO DO FIX THAT YOU HAVE TO PULL THE FINAL OFF TO GET TO THE CLUTCH. LOTS OF BULL POWER. JUST SOLD MY OLD EXC. TO A LOCAL CONTRACTOR, NOT TO WORRIED THAT HE WILL TAKE WORK AWAY, HIS OLD DROTT DOESNT MOVE VERY MUCH.BEEN WORKIN A LITTLE BUT ALSO WORKIN IN THE SHOP, PULLIN APART THE 2000 TROJAN WITH BAD 555 CUMMINS,COVERED IN ALL SORTS OF GOOD CORN SILAGE AND LOTS OF OLD OIL AND CANT SEE THROUGH THE RAD, WONDER WHY THE ENGINE GOT HOT AND LOCKED UP :pat::pat::pat: WOULD LOVE TO JUST TRANSPLANT A DIFFERENT 555 INTO IT BUT NOT A COMMON MOTOR ANY MORE. BEEN IN THE 50'S HERE, NICE OUT BUT TEMPS FALL FOR WEEKEND.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT ONE PROBLEM FIXED AND ON TO THE NEXT. SOUNDS LIKE THE STEERING CLUTCH MAY HAVE DROPPED A DISK IF IT IS SLOW TO ENGAGE OR MAY JUST BE AJUSTMENT. THEY WILL BE SLOW TO ENGAGE IF ALL DISKS ARE NOT THERE . TO DO FIX THAT YOU HAVE TO PULL THE FINAL OFF TO GET TO THE CLUTCH. LOTS OF BULL POWER. JUST SOLD MY OLD EXC. TO A LOCAL CONTRACTOR, NOT TO WORRIED THAT HE WILL TAKE WORK AWAY, HIS OLD DROTT DOESNT MOVE VERY MUCH.BEEN WORKIN A LITTLE BUT ALSO WORKIN IN THE SHOP, PULLIN APART THE 2000 TROJAN WITH BAD 555 CUMMINS,COVERED IN ALL SORTS OF GOOD CORN SILAGE AND LOTS OF OLD OIL AND CANT SEE THROUGH THE RAD, WONDER WHY THE ENGINE GOT HOT AND LOCKED UP :pat::pat::pat: WOULD LOVE TO JUST TRANSPLANT A DIFFERENT 555 INTO IT BUT NOT A COMMON MOTOR ANY MORE. BEEN IN THE 50'S HERE, NICE OUT BUT TEMPS FALL FOR WEEKEND.

GG2

BEFORE I LOSE THE PAPER,HERE GOES.EARLY 15B'S HAD A 7" PITCH 5/8"BOLT HOLES AND 29 TOOTH SPROCKET.

THE NEWER ONES HAD A 7.5" PITCH, 7/8'S BOLT HOLE IN THE CHAIN AND 27 TOOTH SPROCKET, THIS IS FROM MY DEALER IN MY AREA AND IF YOU ARE LOOKIN FOR PARTS HE SAID YOU CAN CALL HIM , DIDNT KNOW IF YOU HAVE A DEALER CLOSE TO YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS

GREEN GIANT2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

GG2

BEFORE I LOSE THE PAPER,HERE GOES.EARLY 15B'S HAD A 7" PITCH 5/8"BOLT HOLES AND 29 TOOTH SPROCKET.

THE NEWER ONES HAD A 7.5" PITCH, 7/8'S BOLT HOLE IN THE CHAIN AND 27 TOOTH SPROCKET, THIS IS FROM MY DEALER IN MY AREA AND IF YOU ARE LOOKIN FOR PARTS HE SAID YOU CAN CALL HIM , DIDNT KNOW IF YOU HAVE A DEALER CLOSE TO YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS

GREEN GIANT2 thanks for the info, just got my manuals today so i started ordering parts, not ready to start on undercarrage yet, i still need to give you a call sometime. thanks again