V8 Repower

joes mack

a friend of mine just bought a 1974/5 DM800 with a v8 (blown up) and wants me to help him put a 300 in it what will be involved with this engine swap? will front engine mount work with the 300 or will we have to find one for the 300/237? will rad be a problem? going to go pick it up this morning when the roads get plowed/salted stupid snow..joe

a friend of mine just bought a 1974/5 DM800 with a v8 (blown up) and wants me to help him put a 300 in it what will be involved with this engine swap? will front engine mount work with the 300 or will we have to find one for the 300/237? will rad be a problem? going to go pick it up this morning when the roads get plowed/salted stupid snow..joe

Hey Joe, tell your buddy I'd be interested in the V8 complete for spare parts.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Joe, tell your buddy I'd be interested in the V8 complete for spare parts.

Thanks,

Rob

Hmmm, I think I may also need a garage stretcher. I now have to back one of my trucks up to the door to keep it closed. Joe can you also send me some building supplies along with the V8, Buddy ole pal?

Thank You kindly!!!

Roberta

what a waste of time we had today went to get the truck which was suposed to be in fair shape the frame was broke behind cab the bed had holes cut out of the floor where they removed the drop ins the hood was missing the only thing left of the engine was the block crank and 5 rods/pistons my friend was pissed when we got to guys house and saw the truck i had to laugh at him for trusting the guys word and not going to check it out first this guy is known to do things like this but i didnt know this was where we were going or i would have told him about him and his good deals. joe

what a waste of time we had today went to get the truck which was suposed to be in fair shape the frame was broke behind cab the bed had holes cut out of the floor where they removed the drop ins the hood was missing the only thing left of the engine was the block crank and 5 rods/pistons my friend was pissed when we got to guys house and saw the truck i had to laugh at him for trusting the guys word and not going to check it out first this guy is known to do things like this but i didnt know this was where we were going or i would have told him about him and his good deals. joe

Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Happens more than it should. All you need is a length of chain, trailer hitch, mile of country road, and a bottle of methyolate for equalization with the seller.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.