F Model Transmission

Up until the Maxidynes came out,most all F models had Duplex,Triplex or Quads.I have a '63 F609ST with a newer ENDT673C and 13 speed Triplex,a '67 F611LT with a ENDT673C and 15 speed Triplex,and 2 F715LST's,a '65 and a '67,with END864 V-8's and 15 speed Triplex trannies.I had one other F611ST with a ENDT673C and a 15 speed Triplex,but traded it off on a '76 R model back in '85 when I was young and dumb.I'd bought it at a farm sale for $975 right after my first B61 got burnt up in a fire,and ran it for about 6 months.The engine was pretty tired in it( I had to dump a gallon of oil in it every 100 miles) and Grandpa talked me into trading it off on the R.Shoulda kept it and bought the R outright.

The reason most of them you see today have 5 speeds is because there are very few of the early F models left.

Up until the Maxidynes came out,most all F models had Duplex,Triplex or Quads.I have a '63 F609ST with a newer ENDT673C and 13 speed Triplex,a '67 F611LT with a ENDT673C and 15 speed Triplex,and 2 F715LST's,a '65 and a '67,with END864 V-8's and 15 speed Triplex trannies.I had one other F611ST with a ENDT673C and a 15 speed Triplex,but traded it off on a '76 R model back in '85 when I was young and dumb.I'd bought it at a farm sale for $975 right after my first B61 got burnt up in a fire,and ran it for about 6 months.The engine was pretty tired in it( I had to dump a gallon of oil in it every 100 miles) and Grandpa talked me into trading it off on the R.Shoulda kept it and bought the R outright.

The reason most of them you see today have 5 speeds is because there are very few of the early F models left.

Thanks for the info!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Superdog what is the differince between the F600 and the F 700, my dad has a F 700 with a 250 cummins the F 600 had a 673 turbo, triplex. Ron

I was wondering why most F models I see have a 5 speed. Was that a standard? Anyone ever hear of an F with a duplex/triplex/quad?

Thad,

The F-900's that Certified Industries concrete mixers had, had a 5 X 2, with reverse on the hi-lo stick. Guess that would be a duplex.

Superdog what is the differince between the F600 and the F 700, my dad has a F 700 with a 250 cummins the F 600 had a 673 turbo, triplex. Ron

When the F's first came out,all the F600's were Mack powered,and the F700's were vendor engine powered,with the exception of the F715 and F719 which were V8 END864 and ENDT864 powered.Somewhere around 1968-69,the 600's were dropped and all became 700's.

I might be wrong but I don't think there were ever any Western FS/FL600's,although the 6 cylinder Mack engines were offered in them.