Mp Engines

I've heard how much garbage the 03-06 Mack's are due to the ASET, I'm wondering if the MP engines are faring any better in the reliability and durability department?

Ask this question two years from now We'll know more jury is out !Hopefully the bugs will be by that time too!

DPF wasn't required until the 08 models so most of the 07's are non dpf unless they were made in the 2nd half of the quarter than I think those went with DPF.

Hmmmmm, I believe the deal was you could still produce trucks with pre 07 as long as those engines were not produced after the 07 deadline. But once the pre '07 engines ran out then you had no choice but to buy a DPF engine. Its like how you can buy a glider kit and put pre emissions engines in them.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hmmmmm, I believe the deal was you could still produce trucks with pre 07 as long as those engines were not produced after the 07 deadline. But once the pre '07 engines ran out then you had no choice but to buy a DPF engine. Its like how you can buy a glider kit and put pre emissions engines in them.

I seen some people do that with the 389's. Buy the glider kits and put in pre emission Cat and Cummins and sell them as 08-09 389's for the price of a new truck. Seems like you can only get glider kits in Pete and Freightliner anymore.

I seen some people do that with the 389's. Buy the glider kits and put in pre emission Cat and Cummins and sell them as 08-09 389's for the price of a new truck. Seems like you can only get glider kits in Pete and Freightliner anymore.

Western Star is big into gliders also. You can order them with every component installed as long as one piece is missing whether it be the motor, trans or diffs. If you order with the engine they come with a pre emmisions reman with warranty (Cat for sure I know). My friend just got one, a tri-axle dump with a 36"sleeper, 19.5 foot box and a mechanical 400 Cat that he did himself. You can only order the gliders set up for electronic, so he had to switch all the gauges in the dash to mechanicals. He's doing a Kenworth next.