Found A B-57

As mentioned i Have been looking for a B series for quite some time now. Was looking for a B61 but ran across a B57 that Im going to look at this weekend. The guy said the original engine blew up years ago and they took the engine out of a B67 and put it in the B57, Would this be the same engine that it originally had? Are the B57's visually the same as a B61? Looking at the production figures there werent many of these B57 trucks built.

-Jeremy

As mentioned i Have been looking for a B series for quite some time now. Was looking for a B61 but ran across a B57 that Im going to look at this weekend. The guy said the original engine blew up years ago and they took the engine out of a B67 and put it in the B57, Would this be the same engine that it originally had? Are the B57's visually the same as a B61? Looking at the production figures there werent many of these B57 trucks built.

-Jeremy

I've only seen one B-57 series. It was a tractor and had the concave back panel like my B-67 but had the longer hood such as a B-61. I did not see the engine so can't tell you if it is leaned toward the passenger side of the truck like a B-67 is. The B-67 series has a hood that is about 10 inches shorter than a B-61 and has a doghouse in the cab like the attachment shows.

Rob

post-78-12603278592893_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Jeremy, The engine is tilted to the side to give it a lower profile in short BBC trucks like the B 67, or C models. It was also used in MB and F model cabovers for the same reason. I have a B 61 that had a tilted engine installed and I think it really makes repair work more difficult; less room between the engine and the frame on the injection pump side, and generally awkward to work on the bottom of the engine at an angle. Of course if you don't need to work on the engine it doesn't matter. As for a B 57 being more valuable than a B 61, that's anybodys guess, if it's in the shape you want at a price you like, just buy it. Steve