1989 Superliner Rw-613

Naturally I did not have my camera with me to provide photos.... I seen it at a truck service garage while wandering around coming home from work.

Truck is a dumper (not a Gallion bed, but starts with a "G"), has a 10 speed, and a blown E6-350 with a "self ventilating block. The cab and interior are nice for the year, and the grilledensor is not beat up. The main problem is the back half needs cut off and replaced as the frame and all the suspension bushings are shot. I haven't seen a double frame that new split so bad from rust in my years of being around trucks. The rear suspension is also taperleaf, and the springs are misaligned due to bushing wear. The trunion shaft is grinding into the trunion itself and go figure, it has new caps on the rears, but the owner says it drives very well!!

I thought if this could be bought cheap enough it would work for my detroit project (even though it would be a "halfbreed". What do you guys think is a fair offer he is asking for? I'd be happy with scale prices as I don't need the dump bed and the owner could keep it if that could be worked out.

At least the brand is right.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

HERE IS MY OPINION (S)

If a truck has a blown engine and bad frame it is just worth what the rest of good parts it can be sold for.

I see many fair parts trucks sell for $1000 just to get the thing out of the way. I think you may be able to deal with this guy because there is no way he can sell it and the new owner drive it away. if he is not willing to part it out he may just be happy with taking a fair deal to see it gone.

I would pay anyware from $1000-$1300 for a "junkyard dog"

and up to $5000 for a fair running truck.

thats just my pocket book holding me back. There are many macks I would pay 10k for and put back to work if I had deeper pockets.

For refrence I got my RS700 for 3K and drove it home. I would think non running superliner would bring that or less?? again, just my opinion

Trent

Well, I paid $4000 for my superliner 2 years ago from a dealer. The only thing i did to it was add a wet kit and change the front hubs. It had 300,000 orig miles on it and no other problems. If the motor is blown id offer em 1000-1300 just like Trent. But they call me a horse trader, lol.

I am sure not a true Mack collector as of yet but i just bought my 1967 R-400 for $400.00 and it started and ran perfect. All my driveline componets are good and cab has zero rust. My problem is same as you, my Mack has the worst case of rusted double frame from the cab back i've ever seen. My outer frame rail is almost compleatly gone and the inner is gone to the point of small holes thru it. Your deal is not worth more than $1000.00 in my opinion. :bulldog1:

Naturally I did not have my camera with me to provide photos.... I seen it at a truck service garage while wandering around coming home from work.

Truck is a dumper (not a Gallion bed, but starts with a "G"), has a 10 speed, and a blown E6-350 with a "self ventilating block. The cab and interior are nice for the year, and the grilledensor is not beat up. The main problem is the back half needs cut off and replaced as the frame and all the suspension bushings are shot. I haven't seen a double frame that new split so bad from rust in my years of being around trucks. The rear suspension is also taperleaf, and the springs are misaligned due to bushing wear. The trunion shaft is grinding into the trunion itself and go figure, it has new caps on the rears, but the owner says it drives very well!!

I thought if this could be bought cheap enough it would work for my detroit project (even though it would be a "halfbreed". What do you guys think is a fair offer he is asking for? I'd be happy with scale prices as I don't need the dump bed and the owner could keep it if that could be worked out.

At least the brand is right.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure not a true Mack collector as of yet but i just bought my 1967 R-400 for $400.00 and it started and ran perfect. All my driveline componets are good and cab has zero rust. My problem is same as you, my Mack has the worst case of rusted double frame from the cab back i've ever seen. My outer frame rail is almost compleatly gone and the inner is gone to the point of small holes thru it. Your deal is not worth more than $1000.00 in my opinion. :bulldog1:

Well, me and the owner came to a conclusion, and I to an ageement on the RW-613 this afternoon.

He concluded he needed $5300.00 for the truck as is, and we were in agreement that he needed to retain ownership of the truck.

Oh well, the search continues........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well, me and the owner came to a conclusion, and I to an ageement on the RW-613 this afternoon.

He concluded he needed $5300.00 for the truck as is, and we were in agreement that he needed to retain ownership of the truck.

Oh well, the search continues........

Rob

I think you made a good call. $5300 can get you a great RUNNING truck :lol:

• 6 months later...

I think you made a good call. $5300 can get you a great RUNNING truck :lol:

Again, naturally I did not have a camera with me.

I seen this very same truck on a jobsite yesterday, and it was not running. In fact it had a full load of "riprap" in the bed, and was actually broken in the middle!! The cab protector had smashed into the top of the truck breaking both windshields and destroying the cab front, the front of the dump bed had physically pushed the rear cab panel and roof forward about 8 or so inches closing the distance between the steering wheel and cab back! Also, driveshaft was bent in a large "V" shape, and pulled from the splines. From the looks of it, a "smaller" man would probably have not been too affected, but a "larger" driver surely would have been a bit "cramped" in the cab. The truck is definately beyond repair now. The driver's door was forced open, and the outer skin was buckled away from the inner door shell, and the glass was busted. Wasn't anybody around so I couldn't ask questions but I'm going to go back this afternoon (with camera) to get some photos.

I can't believe someone would try to work that truck with the frame and rear suspension in the condition it was deteriorated to.

Rob