Mack Elite '94 Model

G'Day everyone, new member, be gentle lol.

OK, Just bought a Mack Elite, '94 model, fitted with tipper body.

this model going by what I can figure was a liumited edition or something, all of the dash is woodgrain, mack 18 sp, non syncro, mack 420 with up powered pumps, camel back to help my back die lol, has the original gold dog on bonnet even. it is a day cab.....

Basically just asking if any one knows anything about this model, pros, cons etc....

why I didn't buy an air bag model is too many drivers are not having luck offroad with them, or just not using their lockers properly, so I went spring just to get me into the industry with the old timers who control the game......my truck comes with work, this helped! :SMOKIE-RT:

our industry is pretty tough here, lots of rough work, even the bitumen shortcuts are shockers, no good highways......so all work is rough and painful. when empty! :wacko:

Anyway, glad I finally found a mack forum, avagoodone blokes!

Welcome to BMT! Glad to have ya!! Those CL Elites are pretty common here in the States. The gold dog usually means that it has Mack engine, tranny and rears...pedigreed, so to speak! If its rough work you have to do...then the camelbacks are a good choice, (your back and kidneys won't agree) but they are very tough and stable in off road conditions. Hope you enjoy working with your new dog! Keep us posted!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Thanks mate!

was meant to pick her up yesterday, but owner is going right over it thoroughly, his mechanic didn't have any rear tipper pivot bushes in stock, so gotta wait till monday now, frustrating!

Got new diffs, suspension, re con power divider, new brakes, the alloy tipper is being replaced for a steel one, this is the hold up.....

What I want, and can't find online is MACK Logo stickers that would fit on the rear window.

I was thinking of getting the window tinted, then stick on a big logo, the silver would really stand out to oncoming traffic.

Bit surprised Mack don't sell things like this, they sell everything else lol.

I guess next option is, find a good logo online, send it to graphics guy, get him to make a sticker out of it.....he may even get creative and make the whole window 'glow'.....

I'll takes pics as I get it more personalised.

I will be putting a light tint on the windows too.

Advice.....the window track rubbers have died, what glue compound do you guys know of that sticks glass to metal, permanently? The auto repairers use this fantastic stuff, just don't know what it is, and no chance putting this big dog where their shop is lol.

Any ideas?

Next question.....the current/last driver says the air con is working a bit sad, dirty filter, never been cleaned! hmmmmm, apparently under centre dash I have to remove the cloth section and housing, and in there is a screen likeca radiator......he says this should be hosed out with truck parked uphill and allowed to drip dry over night......is this normal practice?

I would of thought compressed air would be better than water in areas like that??

Thanks for any feedback......I've only ever been a driver, not owner driver, issues like these were never my concern as mechanics fix stuff for you by employer. And I'm new to Tippers.....and Macks lol.

Only ever driven jap trucks, overnight transport, crane trucks etc.

and this 18 sp non synchro box......wish Mack would synchro them, spose when ya master down shifts you can say you are a true driver haaa haaaa haaaaa :unsure::thumb:

Next question.....the current/last driver says the air con is working a bit sad, dirty filter, never been cleaned! hmmmmm, apparently under centre dash I have to remove the cloth section and housing, and in there is a screen likeca radiator......he says this should be hosed out with truck parked uphill and allowed to drip dry over night......is this normal practice?

I would of thought compressed air would be better than water in areas like that??

Welcome aboard!

Clean the filter and its like new and gets rid of allot of the funky smell that come out when you first turn it on. The system will blow much harder and the ac will work better. If the previous owner was a smoker then definatly change the filter that smell is nausiating :wacko: .

Drip dry isnt the best idea as it might allow mold to grow which only adds to the funk (and could make you sick), dry it out fast by compressed air or drying it by hand with paper towles or something.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

welcome to the site. Dont have any clue to what the Elite model is or came with , I think we had them over here under the "CH" models then again model names can differ from the US to your side of the pond. I think you did the right thing and found a truck with spring rears as thats the only wayto be 100% shure that the power is getting to the ground evenly. air bags are getting better but I still think a spring will do a better job. A simple clean of the fan motor and filter (if its still there) could help the AC problem, if not a AC leak test could be done to see if you are low. Be carefull how dark you tint the windows. looking out a tinted window an night is a PITA when the guage lights are reflecting off the inside of them.

Look on ebay for some Mack logos or go to a local licenced printer that would have licenced use of all the diffrent mfg trademakes. Thats how i found My Mack logo stickers and they were able to make them to my prefered colot and size

Trent

thanks everyone!

can't wait to get it home, spend a day cleaning it up.....and trying to remove the smoker smell.

doesn't need much doing, 2 hood lining clips, wash seats and covers, wash the cloth pocket under dash mid section, and just wipe down everything with damp rag, it is in very good cond.

nothing broken, nothing cracked......

Btw, these were the CHR series if that helps id it....

what was different about the CH and the CHR?