Zoe Calls Me Mack

spacer

Most of the miles I drove through the nineties were in CH model Mack tractors, hauling pneumatic bulk tankers.

I've been out of trucking for a few years now, trying to get in due to the depressed aviation field, and am

actually even considering fixing up an old Mack for lighter commercial use.

It isn't just brand loyalty... my daughter loves the movie Cars, and has taken to calling herself McQueen, her ma is

now Mater, and I have been re-named Mack. No, my little Zoe is not a girlie-girl.

:)

Welcome Spacer

Sorry to hear the economy has force another into a carrier change.

Good luck

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

Most of the miles I drove through the nineties were in CH model Mack tractors, hauling pneumatic bulk tankers.

I've been out of trucking for a few years now, trying to get in due to the depressed aviation field, and am

actually even considering fixing up an old Mack for lighter commercial use.

It isn't just brand loyalty... my daughter loves the movie Cars, and has taken to calling herself McQueen, her ma is

now Mater, and I have been re-named Mack. No, my little Zoe is not a girlie-girl.

:)

Hi!....tell little Zoe that she has good taste in movies. I happen to love that movie, it has been my favorite since it came out. And I like Polar Express also. My girl friend laughs at me when I ask her if we can go upstairs and watch CARS on her big screen. I get my way sometimes when i'm at her house only when she's not watching America's Got Talent or Ballgames.

The SuperLiner got my attention pulling Lightning McQueen around. I also thought about OtherDog when McQueen got lost and found the Peterbilt at the railroad tracks in the night......But, one thing that captured me to loving that movie was when McQueen was released from the inpound and went on the ride through the mountains. It was what was said on the mountain looking off to McQueen as why the Porche fell inlove with that region. It was a very inportant part for me that I remember growing up and is a part of me today thanks to my late father.

Thanks for sharing that with me today and say a Hello to Zoe for me.

mike

Hi!....tell little Zoe that she has good taste in movies. I happen to love that movie, it has been my favorite since it came out. And I like Polar Express also. My girl friend laughs at me when I ask her if we can go upstairs and watch CARS on her big screen. I get my way sometimes when i'm at her house only when she's not watching America's Got Talent or Ballgames.

The SuperLiner got my attention pulling Lightning McQueen around. I also thought about OtherDog when McQueen got lost and found the Peterbilt at the railroad tracks in the night......But, one thing that captured me to loving that movie was when McQueen was released from the inpound and went on the ride through the mountains. It was what was said on the mountain looking off to McQueen as why the Porche fell inlove with that region. It was a very inportant part for me that I remember growing up and is a part of me today thanks to my late father.

Thanks for sharing that with me today and say a Hello to Zoe for me.

mike

Goes to show your still a kid at heart Mike. There is nothing wrong with that at all! :thumb:B)

• 2 months later...

I don't ever have to request the movie. We see it usually at least once a day, per Zoe's request.

Lucky for me it ain't something like YoGabbaGabba or Wonder Pets... I'd soon go nutz!

Kinda has me wondering about finding a decent old Superliner to restore... or resto-mod in the

character's likeness. I wonder whether Disney would throw a fit... I know Zoe would love it.

It'd be nice if I could fix it up well enough to work it (so I'd paint it red and generally make it look

somewhat like the character), but with my wife being the chief breadwinner and all, I can afford to remain

a company driver and keep a classic truck for a hobby.

Besides, I've kinda talked her into retiring in a truck, pulling a large 5th wheel travel trailer.

Muahahahahahahaaha!

yeah, I was even going to make a wisecrack about you just trying to get her upstairs, but I can't now, due to my conscience..

:lol:

Hey,....too bad I had not read this sooner Tom. I have laughed till my sides are hurting. I'm going to have to loosen up my shirts. Or tell my japanese dry cleaners to not put anymore starch in my shirts.

:lol: mike

I don't ever have to request the movie. We see it usually at least once a day, per Zoe's request.

Lucky for me it ain't something like YoGabbaGabba or Wonder Pets... I'd soon go nutz!

Kinda has me wondering about finding a decent old Superliner to restore... or resto-mod in the

character's likeness. I wonder whether Disney would throw a fit... I know Zoe would love it.

It'd be nice if I could fix it up well enough to work it (so I'd paint it red and generally make it look

somewhat like the character), but with my wife being the chief breadwinner and all, I can afford to remain

a company driver and keep a classic truck for a hobby.

Besides, I've kinda talked her into retiring in a truck, pulling a large 5th wheel travel trailer.

Muahahahahahahaaha!

Hey spacer

my kids love the movie to ,so do i.My 6 year old daughter thinks i am mack, my wife is miss sally, and she is mcqueen, little bro is mater, but she likes it when mater cracks [wind].... dad does to.. my kids lay on the floor and tractor tip like the tractors in the movie .........good story

GreenGiant2

Edited by GreenGiant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

• 3 months later...

Zoe likes the tractor scene, too, but her absolute favorite line is where Mater explains his name

to McQueen. "Kinda like tuh-mater, but without the tuh."

I've just been offered a job hauling a pneumatic trailer like the one in my avatar, but this time it'll be in a 379 Pete. Ah, well...

Edited by spacer

Welcome to the site! yeah, there's definately something to be said for MACK in the cars movie. My son is 8 years old,he loves this movie as well,first time we saw it together,he said watch this,that part when MACK is falling asleep,nodding off when the jake comes on...when they pass the truckstop and all the trucks are sleeping,snoring just cracks me up everytime i see it! i can't remember when i laughed so hard!.....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the site! yeah, there's definately something to be said for MACK in the cars movie. My son is 8 years old,he loves this movie as well,first time we saw it together,he said watch this,that part when MACK is falling asleep,nodding off when the jake comes on...when they pass the truckstop and all the trucks are sleeping,snoring just cracks me up everytime i see it! i can't remember when i laughed so hard!.....mark

We had a period when, due to mishandling, the CARS DVD was unplayable. That was maybe a taste of what would happen if she lost Lambie Toes (her stuffed lamb). So, we got a new disc Right-Quick... and stressed to her that she shouldn't ever touch this one.