866 Is In Chassis

ducky698

Hello All, gt engine in today, found a notle mount with correct mounts on it, saved a heap of time! :) but is the engine sitting in the correct spot or is it leaning back to far? and on a 700 where do the cab mounts sit? I think i have them in correct spot??

Grant

post-2194-12576898377073_thumb.jpg

Hello All, gt engine in today, found a notle mount with correct mounts on it, saved a heap of time! :) but is the engine sitting in the correct spot or is it leaning back to far? and on a 700 where do the cab mounts sit? I think i have them in correct spot??

Grant

Hi Grant, at a glance that looks about right. If you have R600 cab mounts they wont be wide enough because your chassis narrows back where R700 mounts go. R700 mounts are wider because the chassis is narrower back there. My new mobile is 0448 267 676. Regards Jeffro.

Hi Grant, at a glance that looks about right. If you have R600 cab mounts they wont be wide enough because your chassis narrows back where R700 mounts go. R700 mounts are wider because the chassis is narrower back there. My new mobile is 0448 267 676. Regards Jeffro.

Hello, it wouldnt be narrower by much, have put them in both spots and it didnt seem to go in much, will find out how out they are I spose :)

my mobile has changed also.

regards Grant

hi,

Most engines are on a 4 deg. tilt, I would use a protractor with a level and find out what your angle is. If you are not sure about the 4 deg. you can check the angle of the pinion flange on the rear axle, it should be the same as the angle of your entire drive line. if you have angles that don't match you will have a viberation issue later on. As a side note, on my r 700 v8 the fan doesn't line up with the radiator very well, appers the radiator is much higher than the fan, Fan runs directly on a shaft in the front of the engine. how does your fan run, on belts or direct?

15 gears...no waiting!

hi,

Most engines are on a 4 deg. tilt, I would use a protractor with a level and find out what your angle is. If you are not sure about the 4 deg. you can check the angle of the pinion flange on the rear axle, it should be the same as the angle of your entire drive line. if you have angles that don't match you will have a viberation issue later on. As a side note, on my r 700 v8 the fan doesn't line up with the radiator very well, appers the radiator is much higher than the fan, Fan runs directly on a shaft in the front of the engine. how does your fan run, on belts or direct?

Hi, the fan runs on belts. its a big heavy thing to. bet that robs some power. the angle does look out, will check the 4degree today. the chassis I am useing was a 6cyl chassis. the engine mounts,front crossmember, front engine mount are all from an F model that had the deaper rails.

Grant