I Noticed

I noticed on Truck Paper there are a lot of 00-06 Mack Vision's with very very low miles on them going for $10-40K. Why are these low mileage Mack's going for so cheap and how come most of them don't have damn near a million on them? Is it due to the ASET engines or drivers not liking a Mack otr truck? I'm puzzled by this. For example I found a 2000 Mack Vision with only 536,000 on it and it's going for $15k.

I noticed on Truck Paper there are a lot of 00-06 Mack Vision's with very very low miles on them going for $10-40K. Why are these low mileage Mack's going for so cheap and how come most of them don't have damn near a million on them? Is it due to the ASET engines or drivers not liking a Mack otr truck? I'm puzzled by this. For example I found a 2000 Mack Vision with only 536,000 on it and it's going for $15k.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot of work out there for these trucks to be doing right now...and what work there is, really isn't paying like it ought to. A lot of people who have notes on their trucks are letting 'em go for what they owe on 'em...sometimes even at a loss...just to keep from getting 'em repo'd or losing everything they have trying to stay in the game. If my payment was any higher, there's been a couple months where I wouldn't have made it...had less than $1000 to my name after I paid the bills at the end of the month...which kept the truck, me, and the dog fed until I got paid again. If I had a family to support, (and as much as it would have hurt to have to do it) I probably would have sold the truck in favor of a steady paycheck long time ago, too.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

DoubleL I don't think that most OTR drivers have ever driven a MACK OTR tractor after all most large companies buy the cheaper trucks. Also To be honest Mack simply doesn't bave the budjet to have the most aerodynamic trucks. I mean look at Volvo there trucks cann't touch frieghtliner or international in the fuel efficency or aerodynamics and as we all know Mack can never be a better truck in volvo's eyes. So why would they allow Mack to have a cleaner more aerodynamic truck. The volvo inferiority complex will not allow that. That is why volvo is trying to dumb down Mack. Crap got off point ...well sort of.. the point is that most drivers haven't driven Mack trucks other than maybe an older R-model or CH having camel back suspention and we all know that most OTR drivers either have forgotten what a real truck is or only know of Mack's off road trucks. Of coarse I wouldn't want camel back on a road tractor either I remember I-40 through Arkansas and I-10 through louisiana back 10 years ago and I'm here to tell yah that 70 mph on those two roads will kill you even with airride.

I sound like a Mack cheerleader...maybe I am I own a 2001 Mack CX-613 with an 80inch highrise millinium sleeper on airride. The truck is not only very reliable but very comfortable. It is easy to drive ;everything is right there. right where it should be. TELL YOU what drive ANY OTHER brand and then crawl into an otr Mack tractor. If you don't love it OK but if you never try it you'll never know. Nuff said!

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Even I remember I-40 through Arkasas 10 years ago. Didn't matter what you drove it was a teeth breaker if you weren't lucky. That road was so choppy it would be easy to "blow groceries" in the front seat from the jarring.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

MackDaddy I rode in a brand new 03 Vision at the time pulling a pnuematic tank from St. Louis to Decatur back down to Peoria down to Missouri and then all the way to Alabama. I rode in a CH to Kansas City and let me tell ya those were the best trucks I ever rode in. Sure those were several years ago but I've always been biased about Mack's.