Mack Days 2009 - Mack Brothers Clambake

Doug Maney

The All Mack Meet will be a 2 day show again this year!

MACK DAYS 2009

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2

TRUCK SHOW ALL DAY

***THIS YEAR HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH MACK DAYS***

* MACK BR0THERS CLAM BAKE 5:30PM *

3RD ANNUAL RE-CREATION OF THE COMPANY CLAM BAKES

HELD BY THE MACK BROTHERS STARTING IN 1906. THIS

YEAR THE CELEBRATION RE-CREATION IS BEING HELD IN

CONJUNCTION WITH MACK DAYS IN LITITZ, PA.

THE CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA CHAPTER OF THE ANTIQUE TRUCK CLUB OF AMERICA

IS HOSTING THIS HISTORICAL GATHERING. THIS YEARS EVENT WILL BE HANDLED

THE SAME WAY THE FAMILY REUNION IS HELD AT THE ATCA NATIONAL MEET.

ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND, IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE NEAR LITITZ ON

FRIDAY OCT. 2ND, MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3

TRUCK SHOW ALL DAY

TRUCKS, BUSES and FIRE APPARATUS

All TRUCKS FROM 1900 to 2008 ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!

HEAVY EQUIPMENT AND TRUCK SALVAGE YARD AVAILABLE FOR TOURS.

CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT DIGGING AREA.

FLEA MARKET VENDORS FEATURING TRUCK RELATED ITEMS.

hosted by

Gerhart Equipment Co.

910 Brunnerville Rd.

Lititz, PA 17543

(717) 626-8544

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

NO ENTRY FEE

FOOD AVAILABLE

FOR MORE INFO REFER TO THE ATCA DOUBLE CLUTCH MAGAZINE NOV-DEC ISSUES FROM THE PAST FEW YEARS.

IF YOU DON'T BELONG TO THE ATCA, GO TO www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 weeks later...

What a Macktastic weekend! Friday was cool and damp with scattered sprinkles and mist mainly later in the evening. Obsession, the kindergarten teacher singing group, pulled off most of their performance until the sprinkles got heavy enough to warrant covering their equipment.

The Mack Brothers Motor Car Company Clam Bake re-enactment was a great success. Over 100 Mack-Wackos ganged up Firday night to take on shrimp, clams, hot-dogs, burgers, salads, drinks and desserts. I am proud to announce that the Mack-Wackos won, the piles of food put up a good fight but we proved dominant. If everything works out, it looks as if the Mack Brothers Clam Bake will be held again next year.

Saturday was a Macktabulous day! The weather was great, the trucks on display were beautiful and the crowd was completely enjoying the day. I did not hear how many trucks ended up attending but there was a great turnout. A couple of the highlights were: Superliner V-8 from Canada, ED with a hand-crank dump body, Ultraliner with the stripes continued on the upholstery as well, A-54 integral sleeper survivor, Superliner with stainless and an interior trimmed with suede interior, Magnums, R-models, B-models, L-models, F-models, U-models, trucks, foretrucks, equipment, junkyard, vendor area...

THERE IS NO WAY TO POINT OUT THE HIGHLIGHTS!

If you are a Mack enthusiast, Mack Days are a must attend.

I have to look at my camera to see if I took any photos, if I did, I will post some.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

We definately gotta hit the next clam bake! We tried this year, but we got a late start on setting up the tent and an extra hour of customer relations (other wise know as a good ole' fashion BS session) combined with a late check in at the hotel followed by our other guys demanding a shower...well, it was a bit late by the time we were ready to socialize. We ended up going to Hoss's on 501!

It sounded like a good eating event, and we are planning on making the next one!

The show itself was spectacular to say the least! The weatherman tried everything to discourage the Mack fans, but in the end, sunshine was the main attraction followed closely by gleaming old iron...and plenty of both! It was beautiful cross section of Mack's finest as well as a few other brands mixed in for effect!

It was great to hear about the guys who came from afar to participate! We even had John Innocenti and his red B-Model Pick-up stop at our shop Tuesday on his way from California to Lititz! Beautiful truck and a great job putting her together!

Well, that's enough rambling from me...great job to everyone involved in pulling off another great 'Mack Days' show in Lititz, PA!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

didn't make it, got within 4 hrs away and busted a axle on the trailer, worked on trailer in the rain along the interstate for hours in the rain, chained it up and gave up and went home. I guess theres next year. I looked at the weather at the hotel and looked like rain so we went home. I think I am going to get sick!!

B61 fred

15 gears...no waiting!

What a Macktastic weekend! Friday was cool and damp with scattered sprinkles and mist mainly later in the evening. Obsession, the kindergarten teacher singing group, pulled off most of their performance until the sprinkles got heavy enough to warrant covering their equipment.

The Mack Brothers Motor Car Company Clam Bake re-enactment was a great success. Over 100 Mack-Wackos ganged up Firday night to take on shrimp, clams, hot-dogs, burgers, salads, drinks and desserts. I am proud to announce that the Mack-Wackos won, the piles of food put up a good fight but we proved dominant. If everything works out, it looks as if the Mack Brothers Clam Bake will be held again next year.

Saturday was a Macktabulous day! The weather was great, the trucks on display were beautiful and the crowd was completely enjoying the day. I did not hear how many trucks ended up attending but there was a great turnout. A couple of the highlights were: Superliner V-8 from Canada, ED with a hand-crank dump body, Ultraliner with the stripes continued on the upholstery as well, A-54 integral sleeper survivor, Superliner with stainless and an interior trimmed with suede interior, Magnums, R-models, B-models, L-models, F-models, U-models, trucks, foretrucks, equipment, junkyard, vendor area...

THERE IS NO WAY TO POINT OUT THE HIGHLIGHTS!

If you are a Mack enthusiast, Mack Days are a must attend.

I have to look at my camera to see if I took any photos, if I did, I will post some.

Doug

hello guys and hello doug

so as you now at the same weekend there are 2 great mackdays in the world the first one is at gerharts and the second whan is in the netherlands.we had like you also great weather here in holland a lot of trucks,cranes,heavy haulage companys about 40 MACKTRUCKS,25 FTF trucks,92 oldtimers varios brands. it was our 30th anneversery this year we had more than 14000 visitors on our event it was a big record for us.on the second floor we have the modelcar builders a vedor area on the first floor and live music also we had a duo singin and a ex trucker how sings about trucks and truckers and there lives also we have a very popular country band on the stage all whit all a great event on a great day.i will thank everywhan how helpt us to make our MACK and SPECIAL TRANSPORT DAY to a great show greetings from the netherlands. Rene