Throttle Response...?

Gambi80

How's a guy get crisp and consistant throttle response and resulting boost gauge readings on a '97 CH 427 w/the electronic inline pump? Mine is across the board...anywhere from 22lbs to 33lbs...more often lower than higher. For example, if I'm taking off from a stop or turning a corner, shifting up through the gears most likely it'll go full boost rather quickly...other times when I'm rolling down the road, if full throttle is needed, it'll only go to mid-20's at most. I realize it's the older version of the fuel system, but it should be a little better than that.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

How's a guy get crisp and consistant throttle response and resulting boost gauge readings on a '97 CH 427 w/the electronic inline pump? Mine is across the board...anywhere from 22lbs to 33lbs...more often lower than higher. For example, if I'm taking off from a stop or turning a corner, shifting up through the gears most likely it'll go full boost rather quickly...other times when I'm rolling down the road, if full throttle is needed, it'll only go to mid-20's at most. I realize it's the older version of the fuel system, but it should be a little better than that.

You need to be agressive with the throtle!The computer has a hyw fuel map and an in town fuel map! If you don't put the hammer down it will take the hyw map slam your foot in it!

You need to be agressive with the throtle!The computer has a hyw fuel map and an in town fuel map! If you don't put the hammer down it will take the hyw map slam your foot in it!

Almost sounds like you're jokin around. I suppose it can't be programmed out can it?

Almost sounds like you're jokin around. I suppose it can't be programmed out can it?

Not joking There are two maps and that is why what youve discribed happens. there is no programing avlable

The best you can do is have somone look at the governor settings and make sure its set on min max in the governor peramiter area in the ecu !I also ran across this awhile back>

http://www.idc-solutions.net/MackE-7Diesel...20chip%20module

Not joking There are two maps and that is why what youve discribed happens. there is no programing avlable

The best you can do is have somone look at the governor settings and make sure its set on min max in the governor peramiter area in the ecu !I also ran across this awhile back>

http://www.idc-solutions.net/MackE-7Diesel...20chip%20module

I would go to my local Mack dealer, but they're not exactly receptive to my nit-pickyness with my truck. If I came there with a hole in the engine block and said make it go again, they'd be all ears. But asking them to plug the computer in and check crap out, not really.

I would go to my local Mack dealer, but they're not exactly receptive to my nit-pickyness with my truck. If I came there with a hole in the engine block and said make it go again, they'd be all ears. But asking them to plug the computer in and check crap out, not really.

Northern Illinois Mack by chance?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Northern Illinois Mack by chance?

Rob

Ha...yea in LaSalle. The parts people are good, but the service isn't. I try to do most of the work myself but I can only do so much until someone makes a USB cord to adapt my laptop to my truck.

I got to Farmington for the first time earlier this summer hauling asphalt for the resurfacing of rt. 78 between there and Canton.

Who made the decision there wasn't enough traffic to support 300 feet of 4-lane through town and turn it into an odd looking parking lot?

I've heard the same thing you mention.

You should have stopped in as I'm right on rt. 78. Steel tu-tone gray building 1.3 miles south of town.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've heard the same thing you mention.

You should have stopped in as I'm right on rt. 78. Steel tu-tone gray building 1.3 miles south of town.

Rob

Ahh...must be the place with the house next to the body shop on the east side of the road...?

I just might. According to a few people, there's millions and millions of dollars worth of work in and around the Peoria area to do yet this year, so I'm sure I'll be around there again.

Ahh...must be the place with the house next to the body shop on the east side of the road...?

I just might. According to a few people, there's millions and millions of dollars worth of work in and around the Peoria area to do yet this year, so I'm sure I'll be around there again.

That's it. The house is empty and we are getting ready to re-side and re-roof to use for rental property. I closed the body shop after my daughter graduated college so reconfiguring that daily.

Rob

That's it. The house is empty and we are getting ready to re-side and re-roof to use for rental property. I closed the body shop after my daughter graduated college so reconfiguring that daily.

Rob

Ahh...it'd be nice to have a house and shed for the truck right next to it.

I think I remember reading a post on here somewhere on here where you chronicled your daughter re-doing her car after she hit a deer or drove through the ditch or something.

But yea, keep an eyeball out for the banana peel...wave or flip me the bird or somethin if you see me. B)

Ahh...it'd be nice to have a house and shed for the truck right next to it.

I think I remember reading a post on here somewhere on here where you chronicled your daughter re-doing her car after she hit a deer or drove through the ditch or something.

But yea, keep an eyeball out for the banana peel...wave or flip me the bird or somethin if you see me. B)

I actually did see you when you were there. Dumping into the paver box. I didn't know it was you and never really paid attention to that project.

Road sure is nice now. My shop cat became road kill on the new pavement less than a week after it was laid down....... Wasn't enough left good to cook so scooped him up and he now rests under the large tree. That rt. 78 has been brutal on animals through the years.

Rob

What you described above sounds real similar to how my '94 CH 350 runs. The boost builds fast and peeks around 30lbs. while going through the gears (accelerating), but when I dip into the throttle at cruising speeds I can barely get 25lbs sometimes. Not sure why this is so. Maybe it is in the programming like fjh said. I am currently running the Blixxton box which has increased my peek boost (22lbs. to 32lbs.) but I still notice the variance.

One other noticeable improvement with the Blixxton is better throttle response and lugging power in the lower RPMs. I believe the box fools the electronic nannies into providing full fuel in the lower RPM range. My pedal used to be dead between 1200 to 1400, now it feels like the pedal is connected directly to the pump if that makes sense. I know Blixxton only mentions E-7 300-400HP but the 427s and 460s all had the same pump so it may be worth a shot to give you a better torque rise in the lower RPMs. I've been running mine now everyday for a year and a half with no problems. There is a guy on BMT here who runs one on his 454HP and knows quite a bit about them........

What you described above sounds real similar to how my '94 CH 350 runs. The boost builds fast and peeks around 30lbs. while going through the gears (accelerating), but when I dip into the throttle at cruising speeds I can barely get 25lbs sometimes. Not sure why this is so. Maybe it is in the programming like fjh said. I am currently running the Blixxton box which has increased my peek boost (22lbs. to 32lbs.) but I still notice the variance.

One other noticeable improvement with the Blixxton is better throttle response and lugging power in the lower RPMs. I believe the box fools the electronic nannies into providing full fuel in the lower RPM range. My pedal used to be dead between 1200 to 1400, now it feels like the pedal is connected directly to the pump if that makes sense. I know Blixxton only mentions E-7 300-400HP but the 427s and 460s all had the same pump so it may be worth a shot to give you a better torque rise in the lower RPMs. I've been running mine now everyday for a year and a half with no problems. There is a guy on BMT here who runs one on his 454HP and knows quite a bit about them........

He will easily be able to pull what he wants from the engine, As for the throtle its all how ya get on the throtle If you pantywaste it on the throtle ecpect that result! Hammer down expect a bit more!

Remeber this ,The puter can't see the road ahead it can only antisipate and inturprate what you want or need from how you get on the throtle

I beleive this holds true even for todays engines. (two maps)I was reading a power complaints flow chart just the other day and one of the sugestions is to talk to the driver and find out how hes driving in or out of the power band and is he using the two diffrent maps!

It's just more annoying than anything to be cruising down the road and come to a hill and be able to only get 24 or 25lbs of boost, but accelerating it'll go to 32lbs. Even in flatland IL we've got some hills and where I haul out of most of the time the hills are off the get go. I'm able to shift up and on a cool day it'll get 34lbs...so I'm pretty sure it can't be a lack of fuel/air problem.

I've got an 18sp, so I'm able to split every gear and keep it between 1400 and 1650 most of the time. And yes, I do mash the go-pedal.

It's too bad you can't spec out a computer like you can your rear end ratio, wheelbase, trans and so forth.