Spin On Oil Filters.

• 1 month later...

does anyone know where to get spin on oil filters for a end673.if so could you tell me where to get them.thanks

Ya you got to add a engine oil cooler to do it.

Any big truck parts place can point you in the right direction.

Look it up for a 237 they bolt on other then you have to change a spring in the oil pump.

Ya you got to add a engine oil cooler to do it.

Any big truck parts place can point you in the right direction.

Look it up for a 237 they bolt on other then you have to change a spring in the oil pump.

I see in his profile that the truck in question is a 1966, so that 673 would already have an oil cooler on it, along with that big full flow/bypass oil fiter known as a "duplex clarifier".

The easiest thing to do would be to find a junk ENDT 673, ENDT 675, 676 etc. and pull the spin on filter set up off of it, then remove that big ass filter from the 673 and replace it with the spin on filter set up. You'd have to plug off the fitting which supplies oil for the turbo when installing on a non turbo 673.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Hey Mack,

May I ask why would ya want to change the filter on the 673 to a spin on? I changed oil in mine this past week and it was not so bad. Ya have to probably catch oil from any unit that ya may have. I even use magnets on my filter housing and bottom of my oil pan to catch any possibilities. Just my thoughts. I figure anything may be an aid for the engine.

mike

well iv been talking to my dad about it and he says that it would be easier. but if its as easy as your saying it is , i might try to talk him into leaving it like it is. thanks for the suggestion.

does anyone know when the 673 or any of the engines listed above by hk trucking stopped being used? i ask cuz theres an old dm mack down the road that iv been looking at. i was wondering if it had spin on filters, i could talk to the owner and see if he would part it out. i guess i could just go down there one day and pull the hood open on it, but i dont want to piss anyone off. so if anyone knows if the dm series mack used the 673 could you tell me. thanks for all the help guys.

If I remember correctly Mack started using the spin on filters around 1971.

Actually I agree with what Mike said, just leave your engine the way it is, those cartridge filters aren't that bad to change, and if you're not running your truck all that much you won't be changing it that often anyway.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"