Any Know About The Weight Of A 63 B61 Tandum Dump ?

does any one know a rough idea what a 1963 b61 with a 14 foot dump bed on it tandem axles would weight just a close guess ??

A single frame will be about 16,500-17,500, a double frame close to 20,000 depending on construction of the box, and what rears are installed.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thanks i wasnt to far off on my thinking got a chance to buy a 63 b61 that they may scrap and was kind of getting a idea what they may get for it if they would do that. so i guess 10 tons is what they may get out of it +/- x scrap value i sure wish they would sell it to me close to that then i could buy it thanks for the info !!

thanks i wasnt to far off on my thinking got a chance to buy a 63 b61 that they may scrap and was kind of getting a idea what they may get for it if they would do that. so i guess 10 tons is what they may get out of it +/- x scrap value i sure wish they would sell it to me close to that then i could buy it thanks for the info !!

I know for sure that my 58 B63sx with double frame tandem 38's and a 10-12 yard Timpte box weighs 23,960LBS. so something for ya there to think about It really depends on how the Ole girl is setup.

The B61SX 10 wheelers we ran in CT/NY back in the good old days weighed in around 28 to 29000 lbs. empty.

But they were triple frame, 55,000 lb rears 12 - 14 yd dump bodys that had double floor with oak planks sandwiched in between, and the sides of the dump body were plated on the inside with 1/4" steel. Weight laws weren't a consideration for local dump trucking in that area back then, so everything was built up as heavy as possible.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

A single frame will be about 16,500-17,500, a double frame close to 20,000 depending on construction of the box, and what rears are installed.

Hey Rob,

I remember Trent's tractor running that heavy by itself! The number Herb gave is probably spot on, that box has to weigh in at around 10 grand and add that to the weight of the truck which would be around 15-18 grand.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

yes my RS700 weighs in at 15,700-16,000 just as a tractor. I would think 20,000 would be a closer weight all depending on his set up and size of the dump box

My 51 A-40H with a 12.5 ft. dump box, full double frame, gas engine, five and three trans, on heavy rears weighs right at 19,200. The 72 R685 with a 13.5 ft. dump bed, single frame, 237 diesel, five speed, on 34,000 rears weighs right at 16,200. Then my 77 R795, (winch truck) with V8 engine, six speed, double frame, 38.000 rears, small steel flat deck with headrack weighs almost 22,000.

The weights definately can be "all over the board" depending on how the truck is set up. For another reference: My 58 B61 tractor that is diesel, single frame, aluminum triplex, 38,000 rears, weighs about 14,300 if I remember correctly.

Both of my RL series tractors weigh less than 14,000 each, and they both have heavy engines in them.

Momma reminded me of how wealthy I could be when scrap metal comodities were so high.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

rob if I recall my RS700L build sheet called the truck weight to be at 15,005. not sure if that was with a 5th wheel,sleeper, installed and with fluids (wet)?

16,200 for a 6 wheeler...thats pretty light considering most Eastern mack R modles set up for dump tractors were around 17,000

just as a tractor...

I have added a PTO, LH stack, power steering,fenders,tool box to it that all added about 400 lbs. when I weighed the tractor it had 1/2 a tank of fuel..about 65 gallons and 50 gallons of Hyd oil. My frineds B81 is around 24,000lbs just as a tractor but it has a wench, V8, 65k rears etc.... it all adds up!!!

rob if I recall my RS700L build sheet called the truck weight to be at 15,005. not sure if that was with a 5th wheel,sleeper, installed and with fluids (wet)?

16,200 for a 6 wheeler...thats pretty light considering most Eastern mack R modles set up for dump tractors were around 17,000

just as a tractor...

I have added a PTO, LH stack, power steering,fenders,tool box to it that all added about 400 lbs. when I weighed the tractor it had 1/2 a tank of fuel..about 65 gallons and 50 gallons of Hyd oil. My frineds B81 is around 24,000lbs just as a tractor but it has a wench, V8, 65k rears etc.... it all adds up!!!

I was surprised at that truck too. The frame is small, (9"), and about 1/4" thin. It was originally a tractor stretched out a couple of feet. A real stripper too as it doesn't even have a passenger seat. I've weighed everything at a customer's fertilizer plant scale. The truck has no front brakes, nor power steering, is on spokes, and the rear carriers are aluminum. The bed was a 13.5 ft. "Heil" that was scrapped due to the rust, and there was no tailgate.

You could steer it with two fingers when moving.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Probably 21 to 24000 lbs

Maybe one of the "western style" B61 tandem dumps would weigh 21 to 24k.

The ones we ran in the northeast, as I said previously were 28 to 29k empty.

If they were dirty and had a lot of mud stuck underneath, they'd push 30k empty.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"